Wow...have I already listed 20 Simple Joys since I started this blog? Doesn't seem possible. Regardless, I think they are fun and I hope you enjoy them too...
My latest?
I love it when I feel like I am being a bad mom and my kids make me feel like I am being the best mom ev-ah!! For example, tonight I planned on making a big dinner (even though it was just the kiddos and I at home) but as it got closer to dinner time and I had two children that didn't seem overly hungry I started to question my plans.
Then I decided I would make a breakfast dinner...but didn't have everything I needed.
Finally I just scratched my head and said, "Hmmmm....how about oatmeal for dinner?"
Bad Mommy. Bad, bad Mommy! I know oatmeal is nutritious, but it's not much of a dinner! Seriously. I'm going to serve my children a bowl of oats for dinner?!!!
Wellllll....I guess for my little ones that apparently ranks right up there with sliced bread. As soon as I suggested it my daughter's face lit up and she excitedly exclaimed, "YES!!! It would be SUCH a special treat!!!!" and then she and Jaden ran to their seats anxiously anticipating their good ol' fashioned Quaker Oats!
Huh!!! Who would have ever thought?!! For all they knew I had planned that...er..."special treat" alll along!
1 comment:
That is great!
I am pretty sure if I tried that I would not get the same results!
Post a Comment