Monday, July 27, 2009

Praying for Baby Stellan....



If you read my blog frequently you know that this Mama believes passionately in the power of prayer. What can happen through prayer continually amazes me and I am humbled by it.

Well, my friends...a fellow blogger needs prayers right now in the most desperate way and I am counting on all of you to pull through for her. I found MckMama's blog because I fell in love with her photography...and in reading about her photography also learned about her son's heart condition. A few weeks ago Stellan seemed to be doing fantastic and living the life of a normal toddler, but just recently took a drastic turn for the worse.

Friends, I will be the very first to admit that reading about a child hurting is difficult for me. I think about it for days. To be perfectly honest, I obsessive over it. I believe part of that is because of our scare with Jaden. I know what it is like to have your mind go where it should never have to go regarding your child. To say it is scary is an understatement.

That is why I am taking time on my blog to reach out to you and ask that you for do for Stellan what so many of you did for Jaden. Pray. It only needs to take a few moments and you can do it where you are sitting right now...just close your eyes, open your heart, and pray that God heals this little boy.

"Every tomorrow has two handles...we can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety or by the handle of faith."

--Author Unknown

8 comments:

Loukia said...

My blog post is about the same thing today. I can't think about anything BUT Stellan today. His story has touched me in such a way! He's a beautiful baby, his mom is a great mother, and I feel like I know them, from having read so much about her and her family through her blog over these last few months. I get sick with worry about reading about a sick child; it makes me question my faith, and I get very upset and depressed. My oldest son was hospitalized twice as a baby with 2 bad cases of UTI's, and again last winter when he had a bad case of pneumomia, that required surgery with a chest tube. I know how scary it was, I know the smell, the sounds, the sights of being in a hospital for two weeks, etc. I know we were lucky, too, and I was sad for all the other children in the hospital, as well.
My thoughts and prayers are with Stellan today... God bless him, please let him get better in Boston, please!!!!! Sorry for going on and on... I can't help it today!

beachy keen girl said...

I will be praying...

Stacey said...

I am praying for this precious boy. It makes me run to my kids and hug them to pieces! Thanks for sharing about this family Jam.

Also, thanks for the chat today! I love you so much!

Jami said...

I will add Stellan to my daily prayer list!

Aunt Kathy said...

the Watson's are praying also.

Courtney said...

I have a hard time reading stories about children hurting...I put myself in that mothers shoes and dwell on what she must be feeling. I have only recently discovered Stellan's story, but I can't get it out of my mind. Praying whole heartedly for this precious little boy.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jesus, Thank you for your love and desire to heal, especially one of your tiny babies. We pray for Stellan; we ask that you touch his body as only You can do. We are asking for a miracle; and, yes, God we believe in Your miracles because we have Jaden today. We will give You the honor and glory You deserve. (Even if someone who does not know how to pray will repeat this prayer; it will be heard. God Bless Stellan and his Family) Grandma F

Anonymous said...

Praying at this moment,
Lord, please heal this beautiful baby boy.
Storygal