Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our Anniversary

Matt and I celebrated 11 years of marriage this past weekend. ELEVEN YEARS!!! To celebrate we decided to enjoy a beautiful dinner at one of our favorite nice restaurants.

The kind of restaurant that has low lighting, hushed voices, and a menu that makes your mouth water.

The kind of restaurant that gives you a black napkin to match your dress - because heaven forbid I get the white lint off of my white napkin on my black dress.

The kind of restaurant the definitely DOES NOT have a children's menu.

The best part?

Look who we took with us to celebrate our special day...

That's right...our two favorite little people in the whole entire universe!!! This year we decided to celebrate our anniversary as a family.

Eva and Jaden were wonderful and it was fun to see the "wonders" around us through the eyes of a child. Wonders we take for granted. The waterfall in the lobby was enjoyed more than the last time I saw it because this time I saw it through the eyes of a four year old. I never paid the sinks in the bathroom much attention...but Eva did. She ran her fingers delicately over them and talked about how sparkly they were. It's amazing what you notice when a child helps you pay attention.

There was also learning to be done...on both parts. Eva and Jaden learned that in "fancy" restaurants our voices must be lower than in other restaurants. We worked on this before we even left for the restaurant - to the point that when we would bring up going to this particular restaurant Jaden would put his finger over his lips and say, "Shhhhhhh..."

Matt and I had learning to do to....who would have thought that BOTH of our little ones love calamari (squid)?!! They both asked for seconds!


It was a beautiful evening celebrating 11 years of marriage...with some of the people that mean the most to me in the whole wide world. Matt, thank you for being YOU. On our wedding day I never thought I could love you more. But I do. With each passing year my love, admiration, and respect for you grows.

"Our wedding was many years ago. The celebration continues to this day."
--Gene Perret

11 comments:

The Sophisticated Country Girl said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe your wedding was 11 years ago... I remember being there as Nicoles date... It was a FUN NIGHT! I wish you many blessings!

JC said...

Love the Hair Club Fish...

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

I second Cripe's comment!!! Great pics J!!! Such little angels!

Unknown said...

LOVE this post! What grown-up kiddos!

Angel said...

So much fun! We took the kids to the Binder Park Zoo to feed the giraffes for our 6 yr. anniversary last month. It was a special day for all of us :). I really love the children in that wedding photo...

Kimberly said...

What special little ones you have, they are so blessed to have such wonderful parents...You must have been so proud of the kiddos...They will cherish those times that you include them!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! You are such a motivator. I think we would be great friends if we ever met due to the fact that we have so much in common.

P.S. What restaurant were you at???

Matt said...

Happy Anniversary J....Thank you for loving me so much and for so long - and especially with all that hair! I never thought I would be able to love you more than I did that day...but I do. And who better than to share our special day...my other two favorite people in the whole world!

Matt

Kat said...

love the hair 11 years ago little brother!!!!!

Mattymill said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Matt, I was going to also comment on your hair . . . but then I looked in the mirror. Real men go bald!!

Matt

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary! Your blog is one of my favorites! You are so encouraging and I appreciate it! We take our kiddos places like this to :) If you get them used to it they will know no different! There spouses will thank us some day :)