Wednesday, July 8, 2009

CRAZY.

Want to know what is completely crazy?

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and they have their Christmas Stuff out! I'm not just talking a few things....I'm talking aisles and aisles of ornaments, wreaths, trees, paper, and ribbons.

It is July people - JULY!!!!

Want to know what is even more crazy than that?

I fell into their sale campaign hook, line, and sinker! Literally, I said "Christmas Stuff in July??" and immediately after that said, "Ohhhhh.....I love those ornaments!!!!!"

I'm not kidding - I had ornaments in my hand and I was picking out cool ribbon to wrap my Christmas packages in. On top of the mere fact that the Christmas stuff was out it was also on SALE...and this girl looooooves a good sale. I was as happy as an elf picking out my goodies while humming a Christmas tune in my head.

Then it hit me that this is allllll completely ridiculous.

It's July.

It's 85 degrees out.

Christmas is literally half a year away!!!

I sheepishly put all of my loot back and walked out of the store. I was little surprised I fell for the whole thing....well, maybe not surprised...after all, it was on SALE!

On the way out of the parking lot I started thinking that maybe Hobby Lobby had it right after all...I mean if we start celebrating the Holidays so early we can just enjoy them longer!!!

Anyone for hiding Easter Eggs in October?!!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

They have had that display for a while at my Hobby Lobby. I couldn't believe my eyes.

The Johnsons said...

Now I would have FREAKED if I would have seen that... Christmas means another baby will be here...NOT READY FOR THAT!!!