But every so often - if we are lucky - our children will demonstrate for us that which we have worked so hard to instill.
Let me share a story with you....
Eva recently had to go in to have a vaccine administered. Eva was nervous about this and I spoke with her at length about what to expect. I told her exactly what the nurse would do...and yes, I told her that it would hurt but that it would only last a minute and Mommy would be there to help comfort her.
We got to the doctor's office and I sat Jaden in a chair across from us. I sat Eva in my lap and again went through everything with her. The nurse was wonderful and helped me explain.
As the nurse administered the vaccine my little girls face began to wrinkle up and the tears began to flow. I hugged her as tears trickled down her face and told her that it was okay....it was all over. I just sat there holding her.
And then I looked over at my son...
Jaden loves his sister with all of his heart...and could not handle seeing her hurting.
Compassion.
--Mason Cooley
8 comments:
I have tears! that is so sweet!
So tender hearted....just like his daddy....
~Love you little man
Aunt Kathy
ps...Eva, I'm SO proud of you.
Are you kidding me????? Jamie is the most compassionate person I know.
Great story... he's such a lover!!
He will be such a great husband someday:) Both your little ones have such big hearts and they come by it honestly from both you & Matt!!
I love this Jamie... Love it. Comapassion is something that Jason and I too try to model the best we can for our kids... and yes, compassion hurts.... we hurt for those we feel for... but what an awesome way to see Gods love through our children ....and ourselves. Jesus was the most compassionate above all... and the more we try to be and live like Him...the easier and it will be to put ourselves in others shoes and feel for them. Great post... it made me smile, and it warmed my heart. There is something so sweet about sibling compassion especially... you and Matt are obviously doing a great job!
Yes, a great life skill!
You captured it so well in your photographs!
I randomly came across your blog from another and have to say this story is the sweetest!!!! I agree, working to instill compassion in our children is a difficult thing.....but seeing it shown by them is so very rewarding. Kudos to you!
Post a Comment