Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tis the season for bargains...

Like everyone, this Happy Housewife is watching her spending right now. We must all be smart with our finances. Honestly, I am a bit of a bargain shopper so it's not too terribly hard for me. My husband, the sweet guy he is, is always telling me to buy things (purses, clothing, etc.) that I will gawk at because it's full price!!! Are you serious?!!! I looooooooove finding good deals, and revel at spending time digging through racks at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.

After a quick trip to Old Navy and Pier One today I came back with a few great bargains and couldn't help but share...

I'm alllllll about buying my children clothing when it is on sale. RARELY do I ever pay full price for anything. I got Eva this T-shirt at Old Navy for...get this...$2.97. Yep, and that's not all. I also got her an adorable navy blue and white tank top that is a bit more dressy for $2.99. And as if that is not enough I got her a long hooded sweatshirt (dress length) that will look too scrumptious on her with leggings and Uggs for.....$2.99!!! I added up my savings and I saved over $40.o0 on those three shirts!
Then I ran to Pier One because their sign said "75% off" and seriously, I think it is written law that if a place you love is having a 75% off sale then you MUST stop or else face the consequence. I've needed a fruit basket and I haven't found one I like (I have pretty contemporary taste)...but I LOVED this one at 50% off!!!!! And on top of that I happened to notice a few scratches on it so when I asked the manager about it she offered me an additional 20% off!! Ha - 70% off!!! When I got home I quickly fixed those little scratches up with a bit of black marker and it is perfect!

I often think that I view shopping much like my husband views sports.
I love the challenge...I love the hunt....and nothing beats the sweetness of victory.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I love Old Navy deals! Great finds.

RosyRose said...

me too bliss! I love a great deal!
I was just curious did your nails have black marks on them when you left Pier One?:)LOL Just kidding!
This is the time of year to find the deals...its too bad we're all broke from Christmas:)

Tara said...

I also love bargains, however I am not a huge fan of digging for the bargain! More of a coupon kind of gal! Buy one get one...ten dollars off etc!

I need to get to Pier 1 stat. I love their stuff!

I love to find my boys clothes cheap. They are super hard on them and I have others to pass them down to which is even a bigger bonus!

Happy Shopping!!!

Jami said...

You are too funny! I am glad you found some irresistable deals!

Anonymous said...

I have found some awsome deals lately, especially on kids clothes and shoes.

Mom of Double A said...

I, too, shopped at Old Navy yesterday on my way home from my business trip!

I LOVE deals!