Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sesame Street Live

Matt and I took the kiddies to Sesame Street Live this past week. We tried to plan it as a big surprise for them. We kept it a secret for days and just told them that there was a big surprise coming up! We took them out for dinner the night of the performance and announced our big surprise. They were ecstatic! Enjoy some pictures of our special night:

We were lucky enough to get seats in the Royal Box section. It was awesome because we had a box completely to ourselves and not only did we have an amazing view, the munchkins could stand up and dance with the characters...and boy did they dance!!
Me and my little man. Jaden was just in awe the entire performance. He kept pointing to the stage (with huge eyes) and then would look at me with disbelief and say, "ELMO!!!" He was literally beside himself that the red fuzzy character was right in front of him...even trying to reach out and hug him!!! He talked about Elmo for the rest of the night. It just completely warmed my heart.

All of our Sesame Street friends!


The evening was so memorable for me...the children were so excited and I will forever remember them dancing and laughing with the characters. Their special night turned into a memory that I will always hold dear. As the evening winded down we settled into our trip home and before long both were asleep in the car. When I carried Jaden inside and began changing his diaper he opened his eyes just long enough to whisper..."elmo".
Yes buddy, it really was Elmo.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so sweet! I love how excited kids get at these ages! Too soon they may be rolling their eyes at us :) We took our oldest son Dawson several years ago to sesame street live and we loved it as well!

Jami said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! We have not taken Cade to a performance yet, but I think we should do that soon. Cameron has been to a few and he cracks us up because he doesn't move or say anything the entire time. You almost feel like he isn't enjoying himself. But I think he is just taking it all in because then after the show he doesn't stop talking about it.

Mom of Double A said...

Hey-we went too. But we were there on Saturday afternoon.
The tour group stayed at our hotel and we got FREE passes, in the 6th row!
Didn't you love Bert in his leisure suit dancing Disco!! that was my favorite part.