Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Circle of Life...or at least a dress

Eva had a "Princess Party" to go to this past weekend. One of her little friends was having this very special birthday party and the girls were asked to dress "in their most elegant princess attire". Eva and I went through a few different choices in her closet....but then I remembered something.

Something very special that was tucked away down in the basement.

A very special dress...


You see, the reason this dress is so special is because this Happy Housewife wore it nearly 30 years ago when I was a flower girl in a wedding.

It was kept perfectly preserved in case I would have a daughter someday and she should ever want it for anything. The Princess Party was the perfect time to pull it out. It fit Eva absolutely perfectly and I thought she looked breathtaking in it!
"A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future."
--Author Unknown


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two very special girls... in the same very special 'princess gown'! LOVE IT!!!

Stacey said...

wow Jamie! that is so cool! How neat she got to wear it! you are both so adorable! (then and now!)

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

So super cool J. She totally looks like you when you were little. Love, love, love it!!!

RosyRose said...

So cute Jamie! My girls always love a dress up party! How great that she could wear your dress! That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Eva looks just like you did!

Anonymous said...

Love it Eva!
Love you too...SO much

Anonymous said...

Eva is truly a "Princess" in every sense of the word. We love her so much. What a beautiful dress! I hope that she was the "Bell of the Ball".
Love, Grandpa F

Anonymous said...

Love it. You both look beautiful!