Sunday, January 25, 2009

Girlfriends

The older I get the more I understand the importance of girlfriends. Girlfriends, I have found, are not only important to my well being, but also to my sanity. The women in my life that I call my girlfriends are the ones in the trenches with me - like me, they are wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends. They help me know that I am not alone on this wonderful journey we call life. I was lucky enough this weekend to spend an evening in Chicago with 2 of these ladies. A weekend that reminded me just why girlfriends are so vital to me...


Sometimes a girl needs to eat a meal....a meal without cutting food up into little bites, or wiping faces, or worrying about high chairs and children's menus. A girl needs to eat a meal where the only thing she does is enjoy the company of a few good friends.


Sometimes a girl needs to shop - and I mean hardcore shopping . The kind of shopping you cannot do while lugging around a stroller and 2 small children. The kind of shopping that can only be appreciated in the company of - you guessed it! - girlfriends.


Sometimes a girl just needs to let her hair down and be silly. As girls we spend so much of our time doing the most important job in the world - raising our children - but sometimes we need to put that aside and remember that deep inside is a girl that loves to let it all hang out and just enjoy life with reckless abandon for a few hours.

Sometimes a girl just needs to laugh. And laugh. And laugh. She needs to laugh until sound no longer comes out of her mouth and her stomach muscles ache.

Sometimes a girl just needs to be surrounded by the kind of love that can only be provided by the women she so lovingly refers to as her...
GIRLFRIENDS

Thanks Jill and Stacey for an amazing time in Chicago.
Love you both.
Jamie

10 comments:

RosyRose said...

So Fun Bliss! I know exactly what you mean! And that outdoor shot...I know exactly the place you were standing. Love, Love Chicago! Love it! You all looked so beautiful in those pics. I'm glad you had that opportunity!

Mom of Double A said...

Oh My Gosh---what an awesome time we had---and all the laughing and un-interrupted conversation was my favorite.

Can I just copy your blog post and put onto mine? Great pics, great words.

Hope you had a great birthday dinner with your family as well.

Love you too!
Jill

Stacey said...

SO MUCH FUN! I had such a great time! I am sorry it went by so fast... Happy Birthday Jamie! Can't wait to do it again!

Jami said...

It looks like you had a great time in Chicago surrounded by girlfriends!! Happy Birthday, Jamie!!

Anonymous said...

You all look beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to get away and have adult conversations - especially since it was your birthday! I love you so very much. Happy Birthday Babe.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing time!! Great pictures!

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Great pics J... although I would have liked to see what everyone looked like the next morning.. he he he!!

Angel said...

You guys look so pretty! LOVE the soundless laughing with the sore stomach!

Angel said...

P.S...Happy, Happy Birthday!

Kristen said...

Oh how much fun!!!

What a great way to celebrate your birthday!! Adult conversations, eating at YOUR own pace, and shopping without needing to pack snacks!

Sounds like bliss to me.

Great pictures you guys look awesome!