Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, it's COLD outside...

When I say it it cold outside, I mean it is COLD...we're talking negative 20 degrees!!! Let me just point out that isn't our windchill...it's the temperature!!! I honestly can't remember the last time it was that frigid in this area. Enjoy some pictures of how we have spent the last few days..err...enjoying the cold weather. OK, I'll be honest...I really play it up with the kiddies and tell them that the cold weather is soooo fun!!!! But in all honesty, I really hate it.

I'm a warm weather girl. Give me a few palm trees, some sand I can squish between my toes, and the sun on my face and I'm one happy happy girl.

Add a margarita to that I am ecstatic.

That said, I truly have enjoyed my time with the kiddies...

Eva is all about playing restaurant these days. We spend countless hours in her play kitchen where she takes orders, cooks, and serves! Such a multi-tasker!
Jaden loves his train set and we have also spent a lot of time chugging along with the choo choo train!

I think Eva may be passing her love of cooking down to Jaden. Our little guy always wants in on the action now! He is even willing to set aside his manhood and sport an apron!

Remember in a previous post when I mentioned we have dance parties? Well, we also have concerts. We are quite the musicians let me tell you (just don't ask the neighbors)!!! We put out a blanket or blow up the aerobed for our "stage" and get down to the music!

With weather like this we have spent a little time outdoors shoveling...and shoveling...and shoveling. We also went sledding which was quite a bit more fun than shoveling!!

I know, not the most thought-provoking post but if this blog is a true reflection of how I spend my days....you're looking at it! I hope you all are staying warm wherever you may be! Also, take just a second to vote on my poll! I'm considering doing a give away, but I'm curious as to how many people really participate in those things!
"In the depth of winter I learned that within me lay an invincible summer"
--Albert Camus

3 comments:

RosyRose said...

I hear ya! So Cold! Lots of indoor time! My kids have no desire to go out in it....you're being so crreative! Hopefully only a day more of this frigid temps!

Nicole said...

Yes it is cold! Today almost every school in fort wayne closed except my sons school :( But we managed! What sweet pictures of the kiddos playing!

Stacey said...

So cute Jamie! I can't WAIT for spring! (and next weekend!)