Each and every fall this Happy Housewife gets this incredible urge to "nest". I love cleaning and organizing our home...in my mind I'm getting it all ready for a long and cozy winter. I also get this incredible urge to bake. There is just something about the cool air, the warm clothes, and the smell of something good coming from the oven that is so comforting...and exactly how I want my children to remember their home this time year. As many of you already know, Eva loves helping me in the kitchen...but on this day we also had help from our good friend Tessa! Enjoy our Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.

2 c. canned pumpkin
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. veggie oil
1/2 c. fat free plain yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla
4 lg. egg whites
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine first five ingredients, stirring well with whisk.
Combine the rest of the ingredients. Stir well. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring until moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into 2 loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check with the toothpick test.
Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack and remove from pans.
Enjoy and Happy Fall to everyone!!!
9 comments:
Yummo as Rachel Ray would say. Isn't fall fun? I love pumpkiny, cinnamony stuff. Your right it does make a house feel so warm and inviting to have yummy smells! Happy Eating!
I will be making this!!! I love pumpkin and chocolate! Yum.
I feel the same about fall, with the cleaning and organizing. My husband would LOVE that bread. I'll have to show him the recipe since he's the baker in our house. Happy Fall!
Yum Jamie! I love the picture with Jayden in the background, chewing on his shirt! Won't be long and he will be helping too! Fun memories Jam.
This sounds so yummy! I love pumpkin bread and chocolate in it makes it sound even better!
I feel the same way about fall~ It's my favorite (besides Christmas time!) The Johnson's will be making this pumpkin chcolate chip bread FOR SURE! Thanks for the recipe Jaime!
Look at my boy in the background in that first pic!! Checkin' on the girls, showing off his belly, hoping he gets some of that stuff they're making!! Already acting like Daddy!
Love you J.
Looks so good J. Looks like Tessa was a big help and you guys had a fun day.
Thanks for sharing that yummy recipe! I can't wait to make it!
Post a Comment