Friday, October 17, 2008

The Happy Housewife goes Down Under!

Many of my blogging friends have been posting about all the things they would like to do during their lifetime. Some of my friends have quite long lists going...and it's fun to watch the lists grow with all of the interesting things added to them.

I've thought about starting a list like this, but I have to be honest in saying my list would not be very long. I'm fortunate in that I have already done quite a few things that I have always wanted to do. Getting married and having a family was at the very top of that list...I'm currently a happy wife and mama!! I've always wanted to be a teacher or work with children. check. I've always wanted to build a house. check. I've always wanted to swim with dolphins. check. I know some of these are not great feats like climbing a mountain...they are the simple things. Many of you that know me know that those are the things that mean so much to me (but don't let it stop you girls that want to climb mountains...I'll just be at the base cheering you on...I don't do heights)!

That said, I have always wanted to visit two places in my life. One is Italy, where my family is from. The other is Australia. My friend Kim talked about Australia when we were younger and it just always sounded like an amazing place to me. Since that time I've always wanted to go. Well, my friends, this Happy Housewife is getting the trip of a lifetime. My husband and I are headed to Australia in honor of the 40th anniversary of the company he works for. This is huge for me. HUGE. As I've said, I've always wanted to go. My husband and I are so very grateful to the company he works for in giving us this amazing opportunity.

We leave on Sunday and will be traveling to the Great Barrier Reef. We will spend a few days there snorkling and taking in the sights. After that we head to Sydney for a few days, and then on to Melbourne for a few days. I'm excited to say the least. I considered blogging during my trip, but have decided I'm just going to take a break from it. I want to spend as much time taking it all in as I can.

Enjoy the next 12 days my friends. Please keep my husband and I, as well as ALL of those traveling in your prayers as our journey is quite long! I look forward to telling you all about it when I return.

Until then...G'Day Mate!

8 comments:

Marika said...

Have a terrific trip!

RosyRose said...

Bliss- sounds like an amazing time...We will try to keep things under control back here. Im thinking those neighbors may be playing some pay-backs while your are gone:)
Seriously I hope it is a wonderful time for you and Matt! Rose

Stacey said...

Have fun! I can't wait to hear all about it! thanks for your voicemail yesterday, I laughed right out loud! love and miss you!

Jami said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip when you return! You and Matt will be in my prayers.

Kelli said...

Where did you swim with a dolphin. It was on my list too and this past May I was able to do it on our trip to Destin.
You have fun down under and I'll look forward to some great pictures.

Nicole said...

How awesome! I hope you have a great time and make lots of great memories!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear all about it! The girls and I sure had fun playing with Eva and Jaden today while you were traveling!

Love you both ~~

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it when you return!