Friday, July 8, 2011

Spring Hill Camp!


Let me tell you a little story....waaaaaay back in the Dinosaur Era early 90's when I was in high school I was in a group called "Natural Helpers".  It was a group of students selected by our guidance counselors to be "student counselors" among our peers.  During my years as a Natural Helper I attended a few retreats to help me sharpen my skills when helping other students.  These retreats were amazing...but what I loved the most was the feeling I had when I was there.  Everybody was positive...and upbeat...and encouraging...and no matter what we all had eachothers backs.

I remember thinking numerous times "THIS is how the whole world should be....always."

Well, Eva recently experienced SpringHill Daycamp and I'm pretty sure that is the feeling she felt every. single. day.  SpringHill is a camp thats mission is to impact young people in their journey with Christ and they do it with extreme sports, awesome activities, and outdoor adventures!  Eva spent the week bungee jumping, shooting paintguns, climbing a rock wall, going down a massive slip-n-slide....and soooo much more.  The cool thing about it is that every single activity she did was brought right back to God. 

Can you imagine learning about how God helps us face our fears.....by bungee jumping?

Eva did...


On top of that the "feel good vibe" at this camp is amazing!  When I dropped Eva off every morning there was loud music playing, people clapping and cheering her on as she walked in, and people literally dancing in the streets....isn't that how life should be?  Wouldn't it be awesome if you walked into work each morning with people high-fiving you and telling you how amazing you are because God created you?! 

Wouldn't it be awesome to start each and every morning jumping around and rockin' out to Christian Music playing sooo loudly you can literally feel it in your body?!

Eva did...


Can you imagine someone standing you up in front of everyone and telling you how amazing you are...telling you that God gave you a special "superhero" trait and sharing a special Bible verse that they picked out just for you?

Eva can...

Her superhero trait was "cooperation" and her Bible verse was Romans 12:4-5

Wouldn't it be awesome to go to bed each night with songs about God echoing in your little soul so loudly that you can't help but sing outloud until you finally drift off to sleep?!  Eva also did this...nearly every night the week of camp. 

The word "amazing" does not even give this camp justice....I just wish we could make every single day a SpringHill kind of day.


"Jumping for joy is good exercise"
--Unknown

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I want this everyday. For every kid of River Oaks. For every Mom and Dad of River Oaks. For every family in Elkhart. For every.single.person.who.breathes.

Jesus was on campus every single day. In every camper. In every CIT. In every SH counselor. He cheered us on. He made our feet dance. He filled our hearts with his love, his power, his courage.

The halls of the church were so quiet the next week. It took a lot to get used to the quiet again.

Can hardly wait until next year :-)

Thank you for sharing, Jamie! I love seeing camp from the eyes of the kids!

andi {the hollie rogue} said...

so cool! i'm really glad eva got to experience that~ what an amazing thing for a young girl. thanks for linking up today and sharing this awesome camp.

blessings, friend

Chelsea said...

This sounded like a week long little slice of heaven! Awesome! I'll have to remember this camp for when my kids get old enough!