Monday, July 25, 2011

Best. Husband. Ever.

After Matt and I got home from our amazing weekend away he had a little surprise up his sleeve for the kids and I.  He had been saying for weeks that he was planning "something" but would not clue me in on what that "something" was....just that I was suppose to keep a certain date open.  Well, we got home from our trip and he told Eva, Jaden, and I to have a seat on the couch so he could tell us what our SURPRISE was (I looooove surprises)!!

He said he had a surprise for Eva and I, and then a separate surprise for Jaden.  I was thinking to myself, "Awww...he probably got Eva and I an afternoon at the spa or something like that".....boy was I wrong!

He had us close our eyes and he handed Eva and I a large paper.  Here's a pic of us when we looked at it....


Can you see the paper we are looking at??

Yep, my little girl and I are going to see Taylor Swift in concert baby!!!! 

I'll be honest, we look fairly calm in the picture...there was definitely a bit of screaming and giggling that took place afterwards!  My little girl has got me hooked on Taylor Swift and I can't think of anyone else I'd want to experience her concert with.  The thought of singing along to all of her songs LIVE with my little girl brings tears to my eyes already....I'll be a total wreck at the concert!!  Ha!

Matt made sure Jaden got something special too.   While Eva and I are at the concert Jaden and Matt are going to go bowling, play video games, and - get this - go see the time trials of REAL race cars!!  Jaden is PUMPED!

I'm not sure Matt could have surprised any of us more than he did....and I will forever be grateful for his thoughtful nature and loving heart! 

"A laugh is a smile that bursts!"
--Mary H. Waldrip


1 comment:

Matt said...

I am so excited for you and Eva to have this special time together (Jaden and me too!). I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.