Friday, May 27, 2011

Another School Year Comes to a Close...

Another school year has come to a close and summer has officially begun at our household (we are ignoring the fact that the weather is not cooperating with our whole "summer" philosophy today...it's COLD here)!  Anyway, yesterday was Eva's last day of school and this is how we rolled...



This is the second year I've decorated my car to pick her up on the last day and I loooove the smile on her face when she sees me rollin' in!  Priceless.  I figured I'm probably only going to get away with this little "tradition" for a few more years (before she will be absolutely horrified that I would even think of picking her up in a decorated vehicle) so for now I'm soaking it in for all it's worth!

Then last night we celebrated a very very special night for Eva....her Kindergarten Graduation.



What an absolutely beautiful evening, and one I will never ever forget.  The songs, the stories, the recited Bible verses, the prayers....but most of all the amazing teachers and children who celebrated the end of a very special year (the picture above includes Eva's teacher, Mrs. Yoder). 

Our little girl even had a surprise for us....she had a speaking part at the beginning of the ceremony and never told us!!  I loved her face when she walked down, took the microphone, and then looked over at us....she was so proud of her special moment she had been keeping a secret!!  Love that little girl.

My hope and prayer is that Eva continues to embrace her education the way she has the past two years.  God has so many beautiful things planned for her and I am anxious to see the plans He has made unfolding! 

We love you Eva!!!!!

"Wherever you go...go with all your heart."
--Confucius

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

YEAH Eva! So proud of you and all that you are!