Monday, May 2, 2011

The Dress.

Alright, let's talk business now because we alllll know a lot of the Royal Wedding has to do with THE DRESS.  I'm going to share my two cents, and I encourage all of you to share yours!

I thought Kate Middleton looked stunning...she was the epitome of grace and beauty.  I felt the dress was extremely appropriate to the type of church they were marrying in (where the rules include having your arms and shoulders covered).  She was beautiful.

Buuuuuuuuuutttttttt.....

It just wasn't my taste.

There....I said it.

Aaaaaaand it just didn't have the "WOW" factor that I was expecting. 

I was so excited for her to get out of the car.  I wanted her dress to take my breath away and it just didn't.  It wasn't that I disliked the dress on her (I seriously think she would look beautiful with a garbage bag wrapped around her) but I'm just not a fan of ornate details on wedding gowns.  I'm not a fan of lace.  I tend to go pretty simple...although I do like a "wow" factor.

I had heard that she was a huge fan of Grace Kelly's wedding dress (who also happened to be a commoner marrying a prince) and her dress really did look a lot like Grace Kelly's.  Again, beautiful...but just not what I would have chosen.

Sooooooooo.....I decided to include some a pic of what I WOULD have worn had I been in Kate Middleton's shoes (because I know darn well you aren't sleeping well at night until ya'll know what I would wear if I were a royal bride right??  RIGHT??!!!!)  Here are my pics...

Princess Victoria from Sweden married in 2010 and her dress took my breath away...simple, understated...but to me it had a regal factor to it that was jaw dropping.


 

I loved that the dress was simple.  I loved that it had a bit of a train to it (I'm normally NOT a fan of trains, in fact I had mine removed from the wedding dress I wore, but when marrying in a church THAT large I feel you need to do something to "fill" the area and a train looks beautiful in that setting).  The part that I really love though is her tiara with the cathedral length veil.  Stunning. 

All of this being said, I thought Kate's second wedding dress (that was worn to one of her receptions) was absolutely beautiful...


I honestly think I like it because there is no lace and I love the sparkle around the mid-section.  Again, not fan of the little jacket...but I understand her arms needed to be covered considering her position.

Soooo....you may allllll rest easier tonight knowing my views on everything and what I would have worn had I BEEN the princess (which I kinda was if you read my last post...until my husband informed me it was time to remove the tiara....and I reluctantly pulled it off my head).

Hugs to all...
Jamie

"Oh well, what's a royal ball...I suppose it would be frightfully dull, and boring, and completely...completely wonderful."
--Cinderella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the dress. I have never been a fan of Princess Grace's dress either. Kate's dress was beautiful and classic but I agree with you. No "Wow" factor. I have heard no one else say this. Thanks for being bold enough to do so. :-)