Alright blog friends...it's time for this Happy Housewife to give her little blog a makeover.
It's looking rather...uh...dull. (ok, ok, ok...very dull...bear with me).
Sooooo...my question is, exactly how do I go about it?! I'm very old school...I started this blog three years ago and haven't really done anything to make it "pop" (as in templates, headers, etc.). If I'm totally honest I'm a little overwhelmed by the whole process and need some help!
How do you go about in giving your blog a makeover?
Do I need to have someone design something?
Do I purchase a premade template?
Do I have to spend an arm and a leg?
Will I lose everything I've done? (honestly, just writing that sentence makes me a little short of breath because this little baby is printed into a book each year and I'm a bit behind on that process)!
HELP PLEASE!!!!
Hugs...
Jamie
PS. I went on a posting spree and posted three times today....you can just call me an overachiever. Except that I'm sitting here on the couch in the wee hours of the morning on my computer...so that technically makes me a bit of a loser huh!?!
3 comments:
I'm not an expert on this sort of stuff, but I know how to get this stuff for free! I use picnik to create my headers. It's easy and it's free and they have a lot of really cool fonts. You can use a picture you have taken, or to start from scratch, you just need to save a "blank" picture in paint as a jpeg and upload it to picnik. Then you can change the colors and add text. I also use a lot of blogger's backgrounds since they have a ton of them. Hope this helps
i totally didn't know what i was doing when i first started the blog in feb., but have learned a bit now....i started with a cheap template @ smitten blog designs (they are 5.00) and then slowly learned how to to edit html, use the blog template designer, make my own header, and buttons, etc mostly through googling it. look at shabbyblogs.com too for free backgrounds, etc and tutorials. good luck!
Hey Jam- I actually went on etsy and bought a template. The owner/designer contacted me and just added the minor details she needed to personalize it... I am still not done following all of her directions to add my tabs..etc but this was a very cheap way to get a new look that I liked.
Post a Comment