Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's a snowman kinda day...

Eva did not have school today....again.  Since Eva is in half day kindergarten her class is cancelled if her school calls a 2 hour delay.  She has missed about 7 days this year due to weather!!!  We looooove having her home but decided that we need to make sure she's not forgetting all that she is doing in the classroom!  Matt decided we should "play school" today and I thought that was a FANTASTIC idea (I know...I know...I think it's the former teacher in me because I was all pumped up about it)!  Ha!

When Eva and Jaden woke up I had "lessons" printed off for both of them.  Eva was quite amazed that I had the ability to do this monumental task....she looked at me wide eyed and said, "HOW did you know how to do THAT Mommy??!!"

Later in the morning we sat down and worked on addition and subtraction.   Jaden and I worked on letter formation.  I even printed off an educational bingo game to play together!  It was fun to sit there and work with them...it brought back some memories of my days spent in the classroom.

Afterwards we decided to have lunch and then "recess".  We bundled up and headed outdoors.  I had plans for the afternoon but decided to throw "productive" out the window and focus on living in the moment....it was too much fun to pass up!  So...we spent the remainder of the afternoon playing (until rest time) and we had a BALL!!!!

In case you didn't know...it's most definitely snowman building weather outside!  We had so much fun making NUMEROUS snowmen, but we kept small so we could all work together on it.

One little story about this little cutie patootie...

 As we were building our snowman Jaden decided to put one more handful of snow on the top of him.  Unfortunately it completely broke the snowman apart.  Not a big deal right?

Not for our little guy.

He was crushed.    He instantly started sobbing and big ol' tears fell down his cheeks.  He was so incredibly sad that our snowman broke.

After explaining to him that there is no reason for tears - the good thing about snowmen is that you can always build another - he pulled himself back together.  We worked diligently to build another snowman.  JUST as we had it finished I grabbed my camera to snap a picture.  Eva put her arm around it aaaannnnddddd....

The WHOLE THING toppled over and broke AGAIN.

Oh my word....the tears....the sobs....he just couldn't handle TWO snowmen breaking.

Soooo....we worked together to build a THIRD snowman and fortunately this one stuck!!!  As much as it was quite the ordeal it just made me realize again that I love this little guy's tender heart...


 "There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where the colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again."
--Elizabeth Lawrence 

3 comments:

Matt said...

J....You are such an amazing mom and wife....I love you.

Kimberly said...

You are fabulous....I love these photos! Great times with great kiddos....a good day!

Angel said...

Could you puh-LEASE take some cuter pictures of Jaden? ... because those aren't quite THE cutest things I've ever seen. In. My. Life.
Love ya girl!
Angel