Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A few random ramblings...

Just a few random thoughts passing through my mind today...

1.  My windows are open.  OH. MY. WORD.  I am sooo excited.  Yes, it's only 45 degrees out...but I don't care.  The fresh air feels absolutely wonderful and the thought of airing out my house was too good to pass up.  On top of that I busted out the hot pink Chuck Taylors yesterday (no, not for Eva...for ME)!  Isn't that a SURE sign of spring when the Chuck Taylors come out?!  Regardless, it makes me smile to look down and see pink shoes!

2.  Those of you that have kiddies....do you ever shop at Mini Boden?!  Looooove it!  Yes, the stuff can get a bit pricey but they have absolutely amazing deals all the time.  Right now if you purchase 3 items you get your fourth for $1 and free shipping!!  Who can resist THAT?!!! 

3.  It's official...we are headed to Florida this spring.  We were going back and forth...and back and forth...and back and forth on whether or not to go.  We finally just said, "Let's do it" and within a week the flights were booked and a condo was rented.  Bring on the sunshine baby!!   Ohhh...and a drink with a little umbrella in it!!! 

4.  I was at the library today with my children and a mother and son walked in.  The librarian looked at the boy and said, "Hi Tim (or whatever his name was), why aren't you in school today?!"  and the mother responded, "Because he has strep throat...I didn't send him".   Yep.  I kid you not.  I wanted to scream, "So you bring him to the library to expose everyone HERE to it?!!!"  Grrr...  I could not fumble through my purse fast enough to text the whole scenario to my husband.  I was ticked I tell you....ticked!!!

5.  I love meeting new people through blogging.

6.  I also love a really good martini.

7.  ...and chips and salsa...have I ever mentioned how much I love/adore/crave chips and salsa??!

8.  I've been thinking a lot about the whole photography thing...do I want to do it this summer?  Do I want to just let it go?  It's been on my mind a lot.  I loooove photography, especially photographing children.  If I do continue it I know some changes need to be made regarding scheduling, pricing, etc.  So many decisions to be made and not a whole lot of time to make them (I usually start booking towards the end of March).  One thing I've been contemplating is charging a flat rate and it would cover my sitting fee as well as a CD of the images.  I've never done that before because I don't have control over the quality of the images (and to be real honest, images printed at places like Walmart - instead of the professional printing company I use - just don't look good).  The colors are always off.  Anyway, any feedback on all this would be appreciated.

7.  The kiddies and I are headed outside to play this afternoon.  I'm thinking a bike ride is most definitely on the "to do" list!!  Have a mentioned I loooooove this weather??!!

"Spring is when you feel like whistling...even with a shoe full of slush!"
--Doug Larson

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Jamie- I don't know if you know this or not, but we have Jentry's pictures taken quite often. I always love the ones we have taken by a professional person outside of a studio, but I must say, I do appreciate that the women we've used in the past have both edited the pics and gave us a disc with the pics on it. Due to the fact that we do have so many pics taken of her I appreciate the chance to have them printed at the place of my choice and also the chance to allow grandmas/aunts/great grandmas the chance to print pics at a price that is very reasonable for everyone's budget and I pay the bulk of the cost with a flat fee to the photographer. You do beautiful work, so no matter what you choose I'm sure you will be busy :)