Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's allll sinking in....

It is very important to Matt and I that our children grow up knowing all about God.  God is the topic of conversation frequently in our household...and in the car...and at restaurants...well, pretty much anywhere!  It's so important to me that topics like this are part of our every day conversation.  Lately Eva has made a few comments that have made me smile...it just let's me know that allllll of this talk about God is sinking in.

Eva:  "I love you Mommy!!!.....but I love God more...(quick look of hesitation)....because we are suppose to love God more than ANYBODY right???"

I smiled a HUGE smile and said, "ABSOLUTELY!!!!"

*****

In the car on the way to school I was singing along to a Christian song.  Eva looked at me and said, "That's from John 14..."

I said, "Hmmm....I'm not sure that's right peanut..."

She responded, "It is, Mom...it looks like you may need to read your Bible more often!!"

I went home and looked up the verse....and she was ABSOLUTELY correct!

*****

"He who has faith has an inward reservoir of courage, hope, confidence, calmness, and assuring trust that all will turn out well."
--B.C. Forbes