Thursday, February 3, 2011

All snowed in...

As I have said before, I am NOT one that looooves cold weather.  HOWEVER, if we ARE going to get snow I would much rather be DUMPED on.  Something in the terms of this....


(Picture Credit Google Images)

OK...that may be a bit extreme... but I do loooove getting a good ol' blizzard!  I love the anticipation and excitement!  I love watching all the closings and delays on the TV.  I love making sure I have all the necessities for my family to hunker down for a day or two. 

This past week we got a chance to do just that in our neck of the woods.  We were officially under a BLIZZARD WARNING this week!!!  The storm was suppose to hit on Wednesday afternoon so the kiddies and I decided to have a BLIZZARD PARTY to celebrate (Booo Hoooo on all those people complaining out there - we were gonna make the most of it)!!!  We decided we would wait until we saw the first flakes of snow fly (and we were anxiously watching) before beginning our celebration. 

Around 3:30 it happened!!!  The snow began to fall and we PARTIED like ROCK STARS!!!

We started with decorating the house (paper chains and paper snowflakes seemed appropriate).  Then we turned the music up crazy loud and had a DANCE PARTY!!!  We danced...and danced...and jumped...and did cartwheels...and somersaults...and danced some more!!!  Jaden was cracking me up with his Ninja-Warrior-Meets-Gymnast form of dancing!  Toooo funny!  After our dance party we bundled up and headed out into the blizzard to welcome it first hand.  We made snow angels and "houses" out of snow.  We laid on our backs and let the wind and snowflakes whip around our faces.  Soooo much fun!  Afterwards we came inside and warmed up with hot cocoa and cookies!  It was QUITE the party if you ask me!! 

The next morning we woke up to THIS.....


Yep, that's the little ones (and our neighbor) standing on a mound of snow under our basketball hoop!  Look how close their little heads are to the hoop?!!  Seriously...when you are a child it just doesn't get much more fun than THAT!!!! 

Such a great day...Eva was home from school...Matt was home from work...and our family had a ball just enjoying our time together!!

Soooo, in summary, if I am going to have to put up with snow...BRING ON THE BLIZZARD!!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

we have enjoyed being snowed in as well!