Thanks for all the sweet comments, phone calls, and text messages about the situation our little girl is dealing with at school. I truly appreciate it. I know this is something that all children deal with at one time or another, but I simply wasn't prepared to deal with it at age 7.
All of this being said, Eva is doing well. Her teacher and her school counselor are amazing. Together we have been in constant contact and we have set things in place to help this situation. Eva is learning to "spread her wings" at recess and learning ways to approach people to play.
A few days after this all happened she brought home a card for me that she made at school. This is what the inside said....
I love it. I know....and I truly believe SHE knows....that,like all things, this too shall pass.
I also wanted to mention that, as some of you know, Eva can be a bit shy. This whole situation is something she really doesn't want to talk about - sometimes even to her parents! That being said, I'm going to ask that those of you that know Eva please respect her privacy with it. This is something she is working on and dealing with and I worry that everyone talking to her about it will just make her feel more shy about it. If you want to help her, simply pray for her.
Again, thanks for the all the kind words. We've got one special kiddo on our hands!
XOXO....
Jamie

2 comments:
Hugs to You and Eva Marie!
What a cute little note she wrote. LOVE IT!!!!
Post a Comment