Saturday, February 18, 2012

To make the night even BIGGER....

If you read my previous post you would have seen that last night was a big night for our little girl...she got her ears pierced.  I truly didn't think anything could top that high....but it did.

As many of you know Eva looooves basketball.  Notre Dame's Skylar Diggins is her favorite player.  Last night after getting her ears piered (and going on the earring shopping rampage) I went to the MAC counter to purchase some make-up.  I was standing there and happened to look to my right...and Skylar Diggins was standing next to me.  Yep, I totally did a double take.

My little girl not ONLY got to meet Skylar, but Skylar was sweet enough to talk to Eva a little about basketball, smiled for a picture, and took the time to give Eva her autograph (she even wrote Eva a little note on it).  I could NOT have asked for Skylar to be more sweet to my little girl.  I will forever be grateful for that.

This Mama was just a little teary-eyed watching my little girl talk to someone she admires so much....and Eva had a smile she COULD NOT wipe off her cute little face.


....I think it's safe to say that from now on when I mention I'm going to buy make-up I'll have a little girl wanting to go along!  Ha!

"It's not how big you are....it's how big you play."
--Unknown


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A night Eva will always remember! So happy you got to meet her Eva!! Next time you go to a game with us, we'll go down to the locker room where you can see all the players :) love you Peanut!

Aunt Kathy

The Sophisticated Country Girl said...

So awesome Jamie... ! I am so happy for Eva...she will never forget that night and one day, I have no doubt that Eva will be the girl "giving the autographs"!