Saturday, February 11, 2012

A few tears....times TWO!

Our little girl has never been one that is into dolls...but she has ALWAYS loved her stuffed dog Doe-Doe.  This little dog has been her "lovey" since she was one year old and he has traveled everywhere with us.  He's become a pretty special part of our family.


This past Friday Eva was getting ready for school.  She told Jaden and I to be quiet because "Doe-Doe was sleeping".  Jaden looked at Eva and said, "Eva, Doe-Doe isn't real."

He wasn't trying to be mean....just a 4 year old stating the facts.

Eva tried to hold it together and then the tears started flowing.  She loves her dog, and has always thought of it as real.  I was hugging her and consoling her when I looked over at Jaden...poor guy was absolutely SOBBING.  He felt so bad that he made his sister cry!!  I kind of giggled to myself and hugged them both as they both sobbed.  I looove that Eva loves her dog, and I loooove that Jaden showed such empathy. 

"I brought children into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring."
--Liz Armbruster

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn''t it amazing how children react to stuffed animals, dolls, etc. You don't want to try and tell Lilly her Baby Alive is not really sick or that she really doesn't have a fever or that it is not her birthday. "Emma" is such a big part of Lilly's world! She jumped for joy when Emma received diapers for Lilly's birthday. Only through eyes of a child can try innocense be found.

Anonymous said...

As the...I don't know...Nana to a furry little pink bear - tear to eye. Cute story - cute kiddies :)
xoxo Angel

Megan Morrison said...

Jam,
That's one thing I luv about my kiddos too...hate to see Orr make the other one upset. Bless their little hearts!
Meg
PS Thank u for sharing your kiddos w/ all of us! ❤