Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy "Heart" Day!

I've said numerous time on this blog that Valentine's Day is a family affair in our home.  We celebrate the day together as a family and yesterday was no different.  Here is a little peek into how the day went down....

It started with a little morning surprise for 2 of my favorite Valentines!  They awoke to a breakfast area that was decorated and Valentine treats next to their plates.  On the menu....heart shaped cinnamon rolls!

Valentine cupcake decorating has become a yearly tradition!  Eva decorated some before she left for school, and then Jaden finished them off!

Jaden sported his homemade one-of-a-kind shirt he made just for this special day!!  I looooved his excitement about wearing it!  He would pull apart his coat a bit like Superman to show people!

Since Eva is in school during the day, Jaden got to play cupid!  We delivered Valentines and even brought Daddy lunch!

In the afternoon we joined Eva at her classroom party!  Eva was so excited to see her brother and Jaden was anxious to get in on the fun....especially when it came to all the sweets!

We always make dinner a big fancy deal on Valentine's Day - why go out when you can have a fancy dinner at home!  On the menu this year....homemade gnocchi, homemade sauce, salad, garlic bread, and our special cupcakes for dessert!

Each year we set a fancy table and eat by candlelight!   Eva and Jaden always have little surprises at their seats to open, and I love the excitement on their faces!  This year they got a few different things, but one of them was a book (yes, I know, the teacher in me comes out at times like this).  Jaden got a superhero book and Eva got Amelia Bedelia. Do you remember Amelia Bedelia books?!  I loooove them!!!  I also loved snuggling up with her last night while SHE read to ME!

After all this I THOUGHT all the Valentine surprises were over.  Matt and I don't purchase gifts for eachother (well, except I got him that whopping Reese Peanut Butter Cup you see in the picture because I know it's one of his favorites)....so you can imagine my surprise when my husband and kiddos handed me a gift!!!  I opened it to find THIS....


Yep, you are looking at the cutest diaper bag ever made!!!!!  I'll be real honest, this is my 3rd child and I've NEVER carried a diaper bag.  I think they are butt-ugly (yes, I just said that).  I've always just thrown what I needed in my purse and got on with it.  Well, not anymore...cuz this Mama is rockin' a zebra print Kate Spade diaper bag!  Loooove it!  (love my husband and kiddos too...and just how stinkin' thoughtful they are)!

In all, a wonderful Valentine's Day...and a beautiful time to continue making those special memories I hope my family will forever cherish - I know I will!

"Love is the greatest refreshment in life."
--Picasso

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What beautiful table spreads Jamie!!!! Such a treat to sit down to that! YOU ARE SO CREATIVE. I love to get books too for our kids :)

And WOW! That is one awesome diaper bag. It looks just like you! Stylish and adorable. xoxoxo