We worked very hard to make this evening beautiful and memorable. We wanted the room to be beautiful, the food to look beautiful....we wanted the dads and daughters to know how special they are.
I was lucky enough to be the one checking in the fathers and daughters as they arrived and I loved every minute of it. Some arrived in limos....some were dressed to impress with suits and fancy prom-type dresses.....some were older (one woman brought her father and I had heard he was in his 80's)....some were young (one father came with his infant daughter)....and then there were these two....
Two of my favorite people in the world! I tried my best to steer clear of them, to let them enjoy their night together while still fulfilling my duties for the evening....but I did sneak a peek at them every now and then. Together they enjoyed an evening of dancing, games, food, an awesome photobooth where they took silly pictures, and an uplifting speaker that spoke about his relationship with his own daughter.
Eva is a lucky girl to have a Daddy as amazing as Matt.....and Matt is one lucky Daddy to have a daughter as special as Eva.
"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart."
--Unknown


No comments:
Post a Comment