
Yep, that's me.
Yep, I'm wearing a crown I dug out of the ol' box of high school things in the basement.
Yep, I most definitely have worn it allll day...including in my daughter's carpool line, to the bank, and I will be wearing tonight.
No, I'm not kidding...just channeling my inner princess!
As many of you know I am quite a fan of the Royal Family, Princess Diana in particular. So to say I was excited about the Royal Wedding would be an understatement. I honestly considered flying to England to participate in all the hoop-la and festivities but didn't want to miss my little guys birthday this week!
That being said, we definitely made it a special occasion here in our little corner of the world. My mom spent the night and the evening before she, the kiddies, and I made special paper crowns to wear for the ceremony. On top of that when I tucked Eva into bed she included Kate and Will in her bedtime prayers....love it. The next morning we were up at 4 am (I let the kiddies sleep till 5) to enjoy the festivities!! I even allowed Eva to be late for school so we could watch "the kiss" together - that's right folks, I have my priorities straight! Ha! Such fun and special memories!
All of that aside, I definitely have some thoughts on the special day! My favorite moments are usually not the "big" moments the press talks about...mine are the more intimate unplanned moments. Here are my TOP TEN very-favorite-made-me-get-all-teary-eyed moments...
1. I started crying when Will and Harry were in the car on the way to the wedding and at one point they both saluted at the same time. I just couldn't help but think how proud of them Princess Diana would be.
2. I thought it was so special how Kate's dad would occasionally sneak a glance over at her as he was walking her down the aisle. Can you imagine walking your daughter - the future Queen of England - down the aisle? It was as if he just wanted to remember the moment.
3. I loved it when Kate got to the end of the aisle. She got situated and then reached over for her dad's hand...and gripped it tight. So special that she leaned on her dad for support at that time.
4. The cheers you could hear outside of Westminster Abbey when William and Kate were pronounced husband and wife were amazing. I loved Kate's little grin when she heard it too...
5. There were many special touches during the service that made it very personal and that means a lot to me. I love all the pomp and circumstance...but I loved that the actual ceremony was personal.
6. Loooooooooved the trees in Westminster Abbey...genius idea. Such a fresh look!
7. I got chills watching the massive crowd walk peacefully behind the British police as they descended on Buckingham Palace.
8. Kate's expression when she walked out on the balcony (and you could tell she said, "WOW!") was just precious. There is an innocence about her that I love.
9. I loved the little flower girl on the balcony that kept covering her ears because it was so loud. Absolutely hilarious.
10. And my FAVORITE moment of the WHOLE day (drum roll please!!!!)...
In all it was an absolutely lovely morning...watching the ceremony and spending time with my family (on my mom's birthday to top it off)! Stay tuned to hear my views on the wedding dress!!! Also, you can read a bit about my affection for Princess Diana and my opportunity to actually see her wedding dress by clicking HERE.
Yep, that's me.
Yep, I'm wearing a crown I dug out of the ol' box of high school things in the basement.
Yep, I most definitely have worn it allll day...including in my daughter's carpool line, to the bank, and I will be wearing tonight.
No, I'm not kidding...just channeling my inner princess!
As many of you know I am quite a fan of the Royal Family, Princess Diana in particular. So to say I was excited about the Royal Wedding would be an understatement. I honestly considered flying to England to participate in all the hoop-la and festivities but didn't want to miss my little guys birthday this week!
That being said, we definitely made it a special occasion here in our little corner of the world. My mom spent the night and the evening before she, the kiddies, and I made special paper crowns to wear for the ceremony. On top of that when I tucked Eva into bed she included Kate and Will in her bedtime prayers....love it. The next morning we were up at 4 am (I let the kiddies sleep till 5) to enjoy the festivities!! I even allowed Eva to be late for school so we could watch "the kiss" together - that's right folks, I have my priorities straight! Ha! Such fun and special memories!
All of that aside, I definitely have some thoughts on the special day! My favorite moments are usually not the "big" moments the press talks about...mine are the more intimate unplanned moments. Here are my TOP TEN very-favorite-made-me-get-all-teary-eyed moments...
1. I started crying when Will and Harry were in the car on the way to the wedding and at one point they both saluted at the same time. I just couldn't help but think how proud of them Princess Diana would be.
2. I thought it was so special how Kate's dad would occasionally sneak a glance over at her as he was walking her down the aisle. Can you imagine walking your daughter - the future Queen of England - down the aisle? It was as if he just wanted to remember the moment.
3. I loved it when Kate got to the end of the aisle. She got situated and then reached over for her dad's hand...and gripped it tight. So special that she leaned on her dad for support at that time.
4. The cheers you could hear outside of Westminster Abbey when William and Kate were pronounced husband and wife were amazing. I loved Kate's little grin when she heard it too...
5. There were many special touches during the service that made it very personal and that means a lot to me. I love all the pomp and circumstance...but I loved that the actual ceremony was personal.
6. Loooooooooved the trees in Westminster Abbey...genius idea. Such a fresh look!
7. I got chills watching the massive crowd walk peacefully behind the British police as they descended on Buckingham Palace.
8. Kate's expression when she walked out on the balcony (and you could tell she said, "WOW!") was just precious. There is an innocence about her that I love.
9. I loved the little flower girl on the balcony that kept covering her ears because it was so loud. Absolutely hilarious.
10. And my FAVORITE moment of the WHOLE day (drum roll please!!!!)...
I LOOOOOOOVED how William drove his bride out of the Palace at the end of the morning breakfast. No pomp and circumstance...just a groom and his bride on their special day. So simple, so sweet, and so innocent. It was hands down my favorite moment.In all it was an absolutely lovely morning...watching the ceremony and spending time with my family (on my mom's birthday to top it off)! Stay tuned to hear my views on the wedding dress!!! Also, you can read a bit about my affection for Princess Diana and my opportunity to actually see her wedding dress by clicking HERE.
Favorite Quote of the morning:
While I was driving Eva to school I asked she and Jaden if they enjoyed watching the Royal Wedding. Eva responded,
"Ya, but I wish it would have been Taylor Swift"
"Ya, but I wish it would have been Taylor Swift"
Jaden quickly added his two cents,
"and I wish it would have been Peter Pan."


2 comments:
While I am no Prince William...you are surely my Princess! You look absolutely stunning with your crown on!
Jamie, You are a princess! You look beautiful in your crown!
Post a Comment