Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Don't mind me...just standing here bouncing my gallon of milk!

As I waited in line at the grocery yesterday and caught myself bouncing the gallon of milk I was holding (yes, more on that later) I had to laugh out loud and chalk it up to yet another item on my "you know you are a mom when..." list. 

This is a list I've had going in my head for years.  I add to it every time I do something that makes me think, "Hmmm my prior - pre-baby self - would have NEVER done that!!!!"  I can assure you - and I'm slightly embarrassed to say - that I have done every single thing on this list. 

Thought you may all get a kick out of my list so far....feel free to add your own too!

YOU KNOW  YOU ARE A MOM IF....

You instinctively reach your hands out to "catch" the vomit your child is starting to project all over the floor.

The thought of dirty sweaty feet on someone use to make you gag...but you now think nothing of kissing your child's dirty smelly feet...in fact you think they are quite adorable.

You have your child's pediatrician, school, ear doctor, and dentists numbers memorized...but at times can't remember your own cell phone number.

You've been on your hands and knees at 2 a.m. looking for a pacifier under a crib as if your life depended on it.

You lift your toddler up and stick their butt in your face to smell if their diaper is dirty.

You do the above mentioned act in public and think nothing of it.

You don't even bother to shut the door when you pee anymore.

You count the sprinkles on each and every cupcake to make sure they are even....and then remember that the cupcakes are for adults.

You hear a child yell, "MOM!!" in a store and without taking your eyes off the item you are looking at reach down, pat them on the head, and say, "yes??!" ...then you realize it wasn't your child...and your hand is still resting on their head.

You would never allow your baby to suck on the dirty pacifier that just landed on the supermarket floor...but think nothing of sticking it in your own mouth to clean off.

You are capable of talking completely normal with an entire cupcake stuffed in your mouth so that your children will not know you ate anything they weren't suppose to have.

Last but not least....my newest addition to the list..

You are holding a gallon of milk in line at the grocery store when it dawns on you that the whole time you've been standing there you've instinctively been rocking and bouncing it as if it were a baby in your arms. 

All I've gotta say it thank goodness I wasn't humming and singing to it!!  Ha!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is so true and very funny. This was a great way to start my morning. THanks!

Kimberly said...

SO True, I was laughing out loud on this one!