Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sanibel Island 2011

Ahhh....the beach.  There are very few things on this earth that can relax me more than the sand and sea.  There are also very few things that inspire me more...and don't even get me started on how the surf gets my photography juices flowing.  Let's just say I have about 1000 pictures of our vacation. 

No, I'm not kidding.

I won't share all 1000 with you, but I did think I would share a few highlights of the trip (that I haven't already shared).  Enjoy...

One thing I love about Florida is that you can bring the outdoors in.  In our neck of the woods it's just not that simple.  One of our favorite parts of the condo we rented was that the sliding glass doors opened allllll the way into the wall.  You could sit in the living room and listen to the ocean and feel the breeze off the surf.  Pure Heaven.
 Most of our days were spent doing a lot of nothing...and enjoying every single minute of it.
 As I said in an earlier post, we spent one day with our neighbors.  I love that these kiddies got a chance to play together while traveling so far from home.
 Another one of my favorite parts of the trip was renting bikes!!  This was our greeter at the bike rental place...loved her!
 Sanibel Island has bike paths everywhere and it was amazing!!!  We biked every single day that we could.  If we needed to go to the  grocery store - we biked there.  If we wanted to go out for breakfast - we biked there.  Our longest trip was about 4 miles and the kiddies did it with no problem!   I loved spending that time together!
 Biked to breakfast at the Island Cow...
 This was the only restaurant we visited that served a chai latte!!  I was so excited I could have peed my pants...just kidding...kind of.   Ha!
 It's always fun to venture to new restaurants on vacation and Sanibel Island was no different.  Sanibel is truly an island and there are no "chain" restaurants on the island.   Most were local places with a LOT of Island fun and flair!
 But the very best part of the vacation was just spending time together as a family.  We talked, we played, and more importantly we shared lots and lots of laughs...


"A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in."
--Robert Orben

2 comments:

andi {the hollie rogue} said...

wow! looks like you had lots of fun and i'm so longing for some ocean breeze and vitamin D myself! i love the beach, too and look forward to spending that relaxing time with my family every summer. thanks for the comment and i'm enjoying reading your blog. the kiddos are darling!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and love it. I am from FL but from the northern part. I have never been all the way down there. Now, you have made me want to go. Have a blast!