Thursday, January 27, 2011

Inside me lies an invincible summer...

The kiddies and I came across this picture the other day. I love it. The ice cream truck had just left and all the neighborhood little ones were enjoying a cool treat on a hot summer day. I love how Eva's hair is blowing in the breeze and how Jaden is soooo intent on his ice cream.

Right now in our neck of the woods it's cold.

Very cold.

The kind of cold that chills you right through your heavy winter coat.

I'm tolerating it and I try not to complain...but deep inside me lies an invincible summer.

I am a girl that loves the windows thrown open first thing in the morning. I love to hear birds singing just outside and the warmth of the sun on my skin. I love barbecues. I love pushing my children on the swingset and tying towels around them so they can fly like superheros in the yard. I love going barefoot and feeling an evening breeze. I love taking walks and bike rides and going on picnics. I love staying up late and snugglin' my little ones in bed in the morning.

I LOVE SUMMER.

I'm just sayin......

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

OK....now I'm ready too.

Jamie Gawthrop said...

I'm just sayin'... I AGREE! Just looking at the green grass, blue sky, t-shirts and shorts, flip-flops... brings a tear to my eye. =)