To Eva and Jaden...
I hope that one day you spend time in a country where the culture is so vastly different from our own that you realize how big our world really is...and how big God is.
I hope that someday you feel the stab of heartache from an untrue friend. I hope you remember what that feels like so that you know the value of staying strong and true.I hope that you always find more value in being outdoors in the fresh air than sitting in front of the television. I hope you learn that more exciting adventures await you when the TV is turned off!
I hope that one day you feel a love so powerful you know that you would give your own life up in an instant for that person.I hope that you always attend church and have a close personal relationship with God. I hope you never feel limited or restricted by where you practice your faith.
I hope that you are always kind and compassionate...but I also hope you are not afraid to stand up for what you believe in (even if you are standing alone).I hope that you BOTH learn to cook, clean, mow the lawn, check the oil in your car, and do laundry.
I hope you are always friends.
I hope you truly understand that in giving you always receive far more than you ever imagined... I hope your heart is always open to others needs and that when you give you do so anonymously.
I hope that for the rest of your lives you remember what the taste of vinegar was like when you lied...and you always remember the value of true honesty.
I hope you never underestimate the value of being silly. We live in a very serious, very fast paced world. Laughter is the glue that sticks us together and makes the days more fun!
While my instinct as a parent is to protect you and make life as easy as possible for you...I know that sometimes lessons must be learned the hard way. You must work hard, face tough times, and trust your faith. These are just a few of the things I wish for you.
Love,
Mommy

4 comments:
Just beautiful!
I hope your kiddos know what an awesome Mommy you are.
XOXO
Jill
(tear)...so sweet!
Angel
Wow! Jamie I love this post :)
Jamie,
That was truly beautiful...I think I am going to in the corner and cry my eyes out.
Post a Comment