Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gotta looooove my birthday week!

Ever since I've been in college I no longer refer to my birthday as my birthDAY...but rather my "birthday week". I figured if one day was THAT fun, why not make a week out of it?!!! I've never ever been one of those girls that growls at the idea of growing one year older...one of those women that scowls at celebrating birthdays. I'm a girl that LOOOOOVES it! Sooo...here is just a little snapshot into how I spent my "birthday week"...

The week started with a super fun trip to Chicago with some girlfriends! We do this trip every year (although this year we were missing our friend Stacey!). I love this trip. Love spending time with these girls...hashing out all there is to hash out in life...laughing...and (this year) staying up until 4:00 in the morning talking!
We enjoyed dinner at an amazing restaurant called A Girl and A Goat. Afterwards we were able to see "Wicked"!!! It was awesome! The next day we hit IKEA and then shopping on Michigan Avenue. To top it off my amazing husband had these little beauties delivered to our room...
The next day was my REAL birthday! I spent the day with my mom, sister, and the kiddies. We had a yummy lunch together and then did some shopping - one of my favorite activities to do with my mom and sis! We got home about the same time Matt got home from work. He, Eva, and Jaden had all kind of surprises up their sleeves!! It started with a sewing machine and sewing supplies!! Lately my mind has been swirling with ideas of things to create with a sewing machine. I tend to be one to just jump in and try it...so this gift was PERFECT!

I love how Matt goes out of his way to make my birthday really special. We went out to dinner that night and he, Eva, and Jaden had a birthday cake for me when we got home. Eva took the picture below of us...I love it because Jaden is doing some MAJOR pouting (HE wanted to take the picture).

Ahhh...then dinner last night was at my mom and Bob's house. My mom always goes out of her way to make quite the spread for birthday dinners...and last night was NO exception! I told her it was seriously one of the best meals EVER! I appreciate how she always makes birthdays special too.


This weekend is dinner at my Dad and Kay's house for my final birthday celebration! All I've got to say is that I am ONE LUCKY GIRL!!!!


"Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
--Mark Twain

2 comments:

joyfulheart said...

you deserve it, my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! So glad you had a great birthday! Birthdays agree with you, friend - you look great :) Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful year :)
Angel