Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Surprise for My Guy....

Matt and I both like things organized. We do not flourish in clutter. Unfortunatly, that was what our basement had turned into. For the past two years we have used our basement simply for storage - but this winter we have started the process of finishing the basement. That meant that instead of having the entire basement to store things we now only had 2 small storage rooms down there. On top of that when we started the process of finishing our basement we did not have time to organize what would be our storage rooms - everything literally just got shoved into those rooms. Have you ever seen an episode of "Hoarders"? Ya....that is kinda what it looked like. I am not exageratting AT ALL when I say you couldn't even WALK through it. The whole project was just kind of looming over our heads.

Sooooo....this last weekend my husband was on a business trip and I decided to surprise him by completely organizing and cleaning the basement. Eva, Jaden, and I pushed up our shirt sleeves and got to work. The little ones helped me sort and put things in piles, as well as box things up. The whole process took the three of us 2 days - but it was sooooooooo worth it! I wish I had some pictures of the "before" just so you could see what we started with but I didn't think to take any. Here are some "after" pictures...

Everything is organized and labeled on the shelves!
All of Eva and Jaden's outgrown clothing is organized in tubs according to size and gender.

All seasonal items are put together in one of the storage rooms for easy access.
I even hung my seasonal wreaths on the wall so they stayed nice and I could access them easily!

I think Matt was surprised and happy that the kiddies and I tackled such a huge project and surprised him with it!!! Eva, Jaden, and I said it was a simple way to show Daddy just how MUCH we LOVE him!!!!!!

6 comments:

Mom of Double A said...

I love it - doesn't it feel so good to get all of that organized. Can you come over and help with my basement :)

Matt said...

It was a GREAT surprise! I love it and I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
Do you want to tackle my house next? :-)You guys are just simply a beautiful family. What a beautiful way to show the kids that you can say "I love you" without buying actual gifts!
-U

Kimberly said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the organization!! What a great gift, adn Eva is such the little helper bee as always, it looks great!!

Anonymous said...

And when are you tackling Grandma F's closets? I got the kitchen almost done. But the closets!!!! We shoved boxes in the closets when we moved 3 years ago and some have not moved since then! You would have sooooooooo much fun throwing out things, and I will let you (as long as it is not St. Clair glass). Love you

The Sophisticated Country Girl said...

Girlfriend.... You knoooooow that I smiled soooo big when I saw this! I should have had the "Organized Junkie" blog.... Nice work!!