I love things like that. Things that make you think.
As I sat and let this article stew in me for days this is what I discovered....
HAPPINESS is having all of the laundry done and the house cleaned. JOY is having a pile of laundry and and messy house, but knowing that I have a house to live in and people I love to do laundry for.
HAPPINESS is a beautiful warm sunny day. JOY is a rainy day and seeing that it allows the kiddies and I to curl up with books and read or play games.
HAPPINESS is taking that perfect photograph. JOY is knowing that I have the skills to keep learning.
HAPPINESS is one whole night of uninterrupted sleep. JOY is being up for the 5th time and saying a silent prayer thanking God for entrusting me to care for these two beautiful children.
As the article I read stated..."Happiness may warm us...but JOY creates that fierce heat of emotion that takes our breath away. Joy is a constant simmering, bubbling thing just under the surface."
JOY is with me when I am stuck in a traffic and my daughter is going to be late to school....when I run out of milk for breakfast....when my son is throwing a tantrum in the grocery store....when my laundry is piling up by the minute....
JOY is there just underneath the frustration or anger or impatience I feel as a fleeting emotion.
JOY is a choice.
Tap into it.
5 comments:
LOVE this Jamie! perfectly worded! Miss you, I'll call you tomorrow. :)
happiness+joy=bliss Do you think?
John 15:9-11
you're so good. great post.
Great sermonnette Jamie! Gramdma F
Post a Comment