Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome Spring...let the cleaning begin!!!

Jaden looves walking around in his spring mud kickers!


Ahhhhh.....anyone who knows me knows that I looooove warm weather. I love absolutely everything about it.

I love being outside.
I love having the windows open in my house.
I love driving with the windows down.
I love going on walks.
I love bike rides.
I love grilling out.

I LOVE IT ALL.

My list of reasons that I love warm weather is endless....to put it simply sunshine makes me smile and warms my soul. Luckily, we've had quite a bit of that pretty early in our neck of the woods lately....much earlier than we usually do. Our family has taken full advantage of it and we've spent a good amount of time outside - the kiddies and I even had our first picnic lunch outside last week!!!

There is actually another part of spring that I look forward to....and that is spring cleaning. After being cooped up all winter there is something refreshing about letting in some fresh air and giving my house a good scrub down. This whole process started a few weeks ago when I surprised Matt by completely organizing the basement....and I just keep plugging away at it little by little. Last week I cleaned out some cabinets. When I cleaned out my cabinet I keep all of my cleaning supplies in I replaced all of my cleaning supplies with natural ones -something I've wanted to do for awhile but instead was using a mixture of natural products and nasty chemicals. I have fallen in loove with the Method brand cleaning supplies from Target! Today we tackled the grout and floors in the kitchen.

Ever heard of child labor laws??

Ya, well I say PHOOEY on them! A bit of hard work is good for the little ones....and I put mine to work with scrubbers and baking soda...

I sat there and drank a glass of wine and watched.

Just kidding! Ha! Actually, we got a lot done pretty quick since we worked together! Would you like to see my newest weapon in the fight against nasty grout?

Ohhh yaaa!! Bought this little bad boy at the grocery store. It was about $15 and I knew I was gonna either love it or kick myself for spending $15 on a piece of junk.

I love it.

I just sprinkle a little baking soda on the grout, add a little water, and go to town with this thing (which is basically like an electric toothbrush but a lot more rugged). It works great! If you need something for grout - this would be my recommendation. Anything I can do to make cleaning easier is worth it to me!


Curious...what are some of your cleaning tricks that you use?! I'm always looking for new ideas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ask my daughter-in-law to come and do my spring cleaning. Works great!! Of course, I look forward to your additional crew this year. We must get that date set! Grandma F

Jenna said...

I have a baby...then my mom comes to town and cleans my whole house for me :)

The Sophisticated Country Girl said...

Vinegar, Vinegar, Vinegar! ....especially on our glass master shower door. It is the best natural cleaner I can find that really, really works!

Anonymous said...

i'm looking for some new cleaning tools ... can i borrow/rent out your kids? ;-)