Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring/Summer Fashion....my essentials.

What a fun post! I loved reading about all of your fashion ideas!!! I love spring/summer fashion because the weather is warm and the look can be simple....yet bright and fun! I thought I would give my 2 cents on this topic too! Let me preface this by saying I am no fashion guru...these are just my thoughts. Here are my spring/summer essentials....

Essential #1....SUNDRESSES! I loooove sundresses and honestly live in them all summer long. They are cool, easy, and can look dressed up or dressed down depending on what you put with them. I'll wear one with fip flops to run errands and with strappy sandals or heels for dinner out. When I say I get my money out of these things I am NOT kidding!! Ha!

Essential #2... GREAT PAIR OF JEANS. Every body has a different size or shape so jeans are really personal. You just have a to find a pair that you are comfortable with. I wear jeans all summer long because I roll them up and wear them like capri's. I've done this with my skinny jeans...and now I'm kinda diggin' the boyfriend jeans that are out.
ESSENTIAL #3....A WHITE TEE. I wear white tee's all the time, but I feel that fit is super important. You don't want it too baggy (helllloooo bra straps and back bulge) and you don't want it too lose (not trying to look like you stole your husbands under shirt). Another thing I personally think is important is length. I don't like to have my rear hanging out of my jeans....but I'm a mom on the move....so longer tees are better for me.

ESSENTIAL #4....BLACK FLIP FLOPS. Do I really need to explain this one? My favorite are the Colin Stuart ones from Victoria's Secret.





ESSENTIAL #5...HIGH HEELS. Alright...I know I may not have many people with me on this one, but I'm just gonna lay it on the line....heels look sexy. On anyone. With just about anything. I wear my heels with everything from sundresses to blue jeans in the summer time. I love black patent ones, but I also love fun bright colors - red being a favorite. I know the picture below is small and I am by NO MEANS a Christina Agulara fan...but I do love that pop of color her red heels give her outfit.

ESSENTIAL #6...CHUNKY JEWELRY. To put it simply, it's fun and it can totally change an outfit. And on top of that, you can get it pretty cheap!

I know this one is kinda over the top in the chunky jewelry department....but I soooooo love it....and I soooo want it....and I so felt I had to share......



ESSENTIAL #7....A JEAN JACKET. I am girl that is forever cold. When we go out at night I usually always bring my jean jacket with me. I wear it with my sundresses, with shorts, with skirts....even with my swimsuit. The only thing I won't wear it with.....jeans.


Last but not least....
ESSENTIAL #8....A BRIGHT PURSE. I just purchased one that is screaming yellow and I love it. Again, it's just fun.



BRING ON THE SUNSHINE.....this Mama is ready!
Pictures from Google Images

3 comments:

Angel said...

C'mon - you know that you're a secret X-tina fan...
Your post makes me want to go shopping. And outside. Can't wait for our shopping trip!

Tonya said...

I am so behind on my blog reading that I missed your original post on this topic....but I am soo glad I caught this one! With each item you listed I thought 'No way'. No way did you manage to list my spring closet to a 'T'! So funny. ...and I laughed out loud at the "denim jacket - but not with jeans!" - one of my number one rules...right along with no white socks with brown or black shoes. :o )

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Where is the necklace from... I NEED it!!