Jaden and Eva have both been fighting colds this week. Nothing too unusual this time of year. Jaden has been a little more congested than Eva so I have just kept an extra eye on him....but again, I wasn't worried at all.
Until Friday.
The kiddies and I had met my mom for lunch at a local Mexican restaurant. After we had ordered we were all sitting there enjoying the chips, salsa, beautiful weather, and conversation. It was a wonderful afternoon.
All in sudden Jaden began grabbing his chest and crying. I kept my cool at first and just assumed he bumped his chest against the table. I tried to get him calmed down but failed so I took him outside thinking the fresh air would help him. To put it lightly...it didn't help at all. He began clutching his clothing on his chest and pulling at it. The whole time crying hysterically and telling me his chest hurt.
I started to freak out.....
Something was seriously wrong. He was breathing alright but his chest was in pain. Could he have pneumonia? Could it be something more serious??!!!
I told my mom I was taking him to the ER. I got him buckled into his car seat and dialed my doctor's number. I informed the nurse that answered about what was going on and told her I was on my way to the ER. She very politely told me that she would rather I bring him into the doctor's office instead.
Didn't she get it?!! My child needs an ER doc! My child is going to need X-rays!! Something is SERIOUSLY WRONG WOMAN!!!!!!
I pulled myself together and VERY RELUCTANTLY allowed her to convince me to drive to the doctor's office instead of the ER. Inside I was kind of seething. I got to our doc's office, signed in, and waited. Meanwhile Jaden seemed absolutely fine. I chalked it up to whatever was wrong had temporarily subsided and would probably rear it's ugly head in full throttle any time soon!!! Maybe THEN the nurse will see that I should have taken him to the ER!!!!
We finally met with our doctor. He thoroughly checked out Jaden from head to toe. Meanwhile I am standing next to him telling him exactly what happened and exactly how serious the situation is (because I was sure he needed to be reminded). Surely he would agree with me and send us off to the ER...maybe even calling the doc on call and letting him know we are coming.
After he finished checking Jaden out he looked at me and smiled very calmly. He said, "Jamie, Jaden is absolutely fine. He seems to have a little cold but other than that he is fine. I think what caused his discomfort was that he swallowed a chip at the restaurant incorrectly."
Oh. My. Word.
He was soooooo right and I knew it. That explained why Jaden's chest hurt. It explained why it came on so fast. It explained why he recovered so quickly. It explained everything.
Who ME overreact??!!!!
NEEEEEEEEEEVER.
4 comments:
Been there. Done that.
You love that little guy more then life itself...you want what's best for him! Don't beat yourself up too much!!
I'm glad it was nothing serious!!
You crack me up. Like, seriously, laughed out loud. Thanks for that :)
You are so me! Period.
LOL -- I would have been right there with ya girl!
Glad he was ok :)
Post a Comment