Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

This year is the first year that Eva has had to have Valentine's for school and we had a ball making them. We wrapped Teddy Grahams and heart candy together with a ribbon and attached a note that says, "Bear Hugs from Eva". The part that I liked best about these Valentines was that Eva was able to do a LOT of it on her own.

For her teacher we picked out a nice hand lotion (we actually found a kind that is a lotion AND hand sanitizer all in one - perfect) and we traced Eva's hand. Eva cut it out and we taped one hand to each side of the lotion. We wrote, "Mrs. Minder, you deserve a hand!" on one side and on the opposite side Eva signed her name.


Valentine's Day in our home is a family affair. We celebrate by making a special meal and we eat it on heart shaped plates! It means so much to me to celebrate this holiday with the people that I love most - Matt, Eva, and Jaden!!!!!

5 comments:

The Miller's said...

You always have such great, creative ideas! I'm going to have to remember this when Brooks gets older! Thanks for sharing!

Matt said...

Like I always say....everyday with you is like Valentines Day :)

I love you J...and my family...more than flowers, cards, or chocolates could ever describe.

Kat said...

Happy Valentines Day to my favorite sister - in - law and to my beautiful niece (I love you, Eva girl!!!) and to my handsome nephew. Love you lil' man!!!

Yeah, you too little brother!

RosyRose said...

You Did find some creative ideas:) I love it!

And can I just say "so sweet" to the above comment from your guy!

Jami said...

Cute idea, Jamie!

Happy Valentine's Day!