1. My computer is just about dead. I am in the process of backing up all of my files as I type this. If you are wondering why I haven't posted this week it is because I took it into the computer hospital a few days ago for a diagnosis. When they called me to tell me the scoop the guy describing it to me was kind of laughing....it's bad. Not only is it missing keys, it has some viruses, it needs a new hardrive, and there is pretty much no more space left on it. To put it simply....Mama gets a new computer!
2. Update on Haiti: Many of you have asked my status on this - and I sincerely thank you for your care and concern...you guys rock. That being said, the trip has been postponed due to political unrest in the country, as well as some pretty massive aftershocks (one just killed 3 people). I would still love to go....but in all honesty....I am hesitant to go with the group I had originally planned to go with. This is due to lack of organization by the team leader, as well as some other issues. I'm still praying about it - and I will be meeting with this group in about 2 weeks to discuss it further - but my heart is very unsettled about a few key issues. As I have said, as much as I feel called to go the bottom line is that I have a family that needs me and I need to feel comfortable going. So...if you are praying for me regarding this...keep it goin'! I appreciate it!
3. As many of you know, Eva loves sports. One of my former students is fantastic girls basketball player for our local Middle School. We've run into her from time and time and Matt and I have mentioned that we really should take Eva and Jaden to one of her games. Matt and I try to expose Eva to women's sports as much as possible because she went through a time where she thought she had to be a boy to play sports (which was pretty disappointing to a girl that loooves sports). We always want her to know that girls can ROCK the athletic arena too!!!!! Anyway, yesterday I decided to bundle up Eva and Jaden and head over to one of Taylor's games. Eva just sat in absolute AWE. She loved every single minute of it and watched Taylor like a hawk. I found myself looking at Eva more during the game than I did Taylor!
Jaden on the other hand found his own little niche at the game....he sat there yelling "GIVE TAYLOR SWIFT THE BALL!!!!!!" over and over and over. hilarious.
After the game Taylor came over and gave Eva and Jaden each a big hug. They both wanted her autograph (too cute) and Eva couldn't wait to get home and hang it up on her wall. It was absolutely adorable and made me even more determined to make sure Eva is exposed to girls playing sports!
4. Valentine's Day ended up being so fun this year - and it spanned for TWO days! Unfortunately, Matt wasn't home on the real Valentine's Day but the kiddies and I still celebrated. Growing up, my mom was always super creative with food on Valentine's Day and she has inspired me through the years to do the same. So on Valentine's Day we enjoyed pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and homemade heart shaped pizzas for dinner! Eva and Jaden loved it! The next day we celebrated Valentine's Day with Matt. Here is how the kiddies and I surprised him...
We spent the day baking special cupcakes...
Eva, Jaden, and I got alllllll dressed up and surprised him at the door!!! I loved watching the excitement in Eva and Jaden's faces as they jumped up and down and yelled, "SURPRISE!!!!!!" Together we all sat down and enjoyed a candlelit dinner. In my opinion - it was a perfect TWO day Valentine's Day!
Hope you are all having a great week!!!!
Hugs,
Jamie
1 comment:
I enjoyed reading as always my friend! I love it when we are able to get together and "catch up" have a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment