Friday, November 27, 2009

Florida Vacation

This vacation has been one of my very favorite family vacations we have taken....just relaxing and spending time together on the beach. In my opinion that is a perfect vacation. Here are a few pictures...

One of my favorite parts of the vacation was when my little ones would wake me up bright and early in the morning and ask if we could go look for shells on the beach. Such special memories as we walked for miles, looked for special treasures, and watched the sun rise. We discovered crabs, starfish, and conch shells with mussels inside. Our very favorite treasures were the beautiful sand dollars.
This is our condo...right in front of the beautiful ocean! We ate breakfast every morning on the veranda and watched dolphins jumping and playing in the ocean!
The beach in front of our condo was perfect....
We played in the ocean day and night....and both kiddies loved it! The next few pictures were actually taken right after we arrived - we couldn't WAIT to hit the beach!

Jumping the waves was one of our favorite activities - loooove this picture of Eva!
Jaden loved the beach but had a few fears too....he didn't like pelicans or crabs (which makes sense), he was terrified of driftwood (hilarious), and it took him all week but he finally made peace with seagulls...
I looove miniature golf courses in the south....so fun!! Our family had a wonderful time miniature golfing one evening after dinner. Eva and Jaden LOVED it and Eva even got TWO hole in ones (that were totally legit)!!!
Eva and Jaden both spent a lot of time "surfing"! Matt and I also tried teaching them to boogie board -which was pretty funny!!

Walks on the beach....as anything better?
We built a LOT of sand castles...
And Eva and I turned Jaden into a mermaid!!!!
Dinner our last evening there...
Jaden and Eva are both amazing little travelers. On our last leg of our flights we let them sit together with Matt and I across from them....they did wonderfully (obviously little guy was a bit tuckered out)!!

Thanks for letting me share! I have just a few more pictures that I'll post soon (they are a few of my favorites that I'm planning on framing in our home).
Hope ya'll had a wonderful Turkey Day!!! Special thanks to my in-laws for an amazing Thanksgiving meal!

3 comments:

Angel said...

Great post! (Except that now I'm all jealous!) Your pics are awesome! Looks like you had the bast time. Those kind of vacations are the greatest!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics, J
I'm glad you guys had a great time. One year we all need to go together. The kids would love it!!

Eva ~ I'm so glad that you loved the eggs at Thanksgiving!! Love you all

~Aunt Kathy

Kimberly said...

Wonderful Beach Photos, the best place to take pics in my opinion! I am so glad you had an enjoyable trip as a family! Love the Eva jumping one the best!