Monday, November 16, 2009

Never. Stop. Learning.

I've heard this quote before. Actually, I've heard it numerous times. Maybe because I am a former teacher it always kind of stuck with me.

But I don't think I've really appreciated it until the last year or so.

This past year Eva has started school and I've started on a new journey with photography. I looove to watch Eva as she comes home excited about something else that she has learned....I love her eagerness to share it with me. I always want to encourage that. I always want to nurture it.

I, on the other hand, have finished my official schooling (at least for now). After a total of 19 years of schooling I currently hold a Masters Degree in Elementary Education. I have so many people ask me if I feel like I am wasting my degree because I no longer teach.

Are you kidding me?

I personally don't think any amount of learning can be considered "wasted". Sooo much of what I learned during my courses in teaching prepared me for the kind of mother I am....so much of what I have learned and experienced as a parent prepared me for the type of images I capture with my camera..images that I know would be precious to me as a parent. It all is a process and every. single. part. has helped to make me who I am today. And yes, like my 4 year old daughter I still get excited when I learn something new with my camera and I can't wait to share it with someone!

Learning is never wasted. Ever.

This happy housewife will be taking a small break from blogging for just a few days....but while I am "out" I am curious...what are you learning? How are you growing? Please share!

1 comment:

RosyRose said...

Hey Bliss....after like months of not being able to blog I am enjoying visiting all my oldies:)
I have learned so much this past year sometimes my head feels like its going to blow up!
I have learned how to depend on my family more. I have learned all kinds of things money and banking related. Things that brought me No pleasure before I entered this season!
I have become stronger....but I have also learned that my body and emotions have limits~
I am so excited to see your beautiful pictures...I know where to go to ask for tricks:)
You are as talented as ever!
Hugs!
Me