Thursday, November 5, 2009

Brain Potpourri...

I never thought I would say this....but I've got a little blog writers block! Normally my mind is chuck FULL of things to share with you...but today....NOTHIN'.

Sooo...I thought I would share a little brain potpourri with you...ya know all those random thoughts that seem to just float in and out of your mind in the course of a day?! Ya, well here have been mine lately...

1. I've put away nearly all of my children's Halloween candy and they haven't asked for it. Not even once. Yes, in case you are wondering I am doing my victory dance. Now their father, on the other hand, seems to have found the stash and I found a snickers wrapper on the livingroom floor this morning. Busted.

2. We attended an 80's party last week and we have another one this weekend....gotta love the 80's. Gotta love the fact that my husband didn't buy one single thing for his costume for the party - he used resources he had here at home - and his outfit ROCKED. Pictures to come after the party this weekend...

3. We took our toy donations to the church this morning and it was awesome....kids were sooo good about it and Eva even colored a picture and left it for the children. Awwww.......

4. Do you ever have an Elaine moment when you hear something astonishing and feel the need to shove the person in front of you and yell, "GET OUT!!!!" I do. I had one today...but it was something I read on the computer and unfortunately you can't shove that. I did however yell, "GET OUT!!!"...which was funny since I was the only one standing in the room.

5. Photography has really taken off....a lot more than I would have imagined! I was recently contacted about photographing an adoption process at the courthouse for a family. I thought that was pretty cool!

5. My son has been telling everyone he wants to be a drum when he grows up....which comes out "Me want to be dumb"....which I think is absolutely hilarious.

6. Eva, Jaden, and I sat this morning and sharpened each and every one of their crayons into a perfect point. Is it odd I get sooooo much satisfaction from that?! I looooove sharp crayons!

7. I had girls night last week with a group of ladies I have been meeting with for over 5 years. This time we decided to get together, have a bonfire, and enjoy some...er...adult beverages. All of our husbands chuckled at the idea that we were going to have a bonfire thinking we wouldn't be able to get it started. Well....I'll be darned...I hate to admit it but those boys were right!! We even dumped lighter fluid (I'm sure my mom is freaking out as she is reading this) all over the whole thing and it STILL wouldn't start! Soooo we sat there with a fireless pit and just enjoyed our beverages until one of our husbands came over and started the fire.....jeez. We would make horrible girl scouts.

I think that's it for now friends!!! A few random thoughts...and one random story!! Ha!!! Hope you are all having a great day!!

Hugs,
Jamie

1 comment: