I love that you love to snuggle. You are - hands down - the biggest snuggler in the family. You love to worm your little tootsies between my legs and get all cozy. Often you will say to me, "Mommy, can I snuggle you because you are so warm and cozy right now".
You love to be read to. Nearly every night you will walk into the living room with books in tow and ask if I will read you a story. You are starting to read on your own, and I know in the next year you will gain a lot of reading skills. I'm cherishing this special time reading TO you while I still have it.
You are my rule follower. After giving you instructions you will diligently do what has been asked, and then double check two or three times to make sure you are doing it correctly....unless it's cleaning. Then you seem to find a million other things that are more important.
I love that you still let me pick out your clothes every single day...and never ever complain.
You have an amazing imagination. I love how your mind works when you are playing!
You could play legos for hours. Literally.
I love the way you pronounce the word "movie". You will say, "mommy, can I watch a mouvie?" You have no idea that you say it so cute, but now daddy and I (as well as Aunt Toll and Tripe) say it the same way.
You are not swayed by others. If friends are making bad choices I can trust you 100% to do the right thing. That is HUGE Jaden Stone and I hope you continue along that path for life. On a side note, the friends pictured above are all good apples and I think that may be the stinkin' cutest picture ever of all you boys!!!
This summer you have FLOORED me with your swimming skills!!! Last summer you were terrified to go in the deep end even with floaties on. This summer you are swimming with no floaties like a little fish!!! You worked hard at swimming lessons and your hard work paid off!!
You are soooooo good with your little brother. You watch him and take care of him. You play with him. You even are willing to change his diapers. When I say, "Oh buddy, you don't have to do that" you respond with, "But Mommy, I want to". Today you had a friend over and I was changing a pretty dirty diaper. You walked right up and grabbed the diaper to throw it away....never even thought twice about it.
You are inquisitive. You ask questions....a LOT of questions. Sometimes I don't always know the answer, but I always enjoy hearing what is on your mind.
You make your daddy and I laugh (and sometimes pull out our hair) because you would most likely lose your noggin' if it wasn't fastened on. I'm not sure how you lose things so fast....it's definitely a skill. We recently spent all day looking for your flip-flops only to have you lose the sweatshirt you had been wearing!!
When you are sleepy you get very chatty. It's cute.
You are excited to start Kindergarten because you'll see Eva, but hesitant to start because you won't be with me. So precious.
You are a good eater and usually VERY willing to try new things. I don't worry about trying new recipes with you because you are always willing to give them a shot!
You did your first triathlon this summer and I was FLOORED. Absolutely FLOORED. You were amazing and came in 2nd place!
You have started football practice. I love watching you because on a day-to-day basis you are so very gentle....but I see an aggressive side of you when you play football. That's good!
We love YOU Jaden Stone. You are such a bright spot in our daily lives....so full of love and laughter. Thank you for all that you are and we can't WAIT to see all that God has in store for you!









2 comments:
You, Jaden Stone, are like no other! I love you so much, buddy!
xoxo
Nonna
Jaden Stone,
You are growing up way too fast. Your mommy pretty well summed up what (I think) we all love about you. I am confident that your steps are ordained by God, stay the way you are!
Love you Jaden,
J.E.F.
Post a Comment