Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Greyson Steel

Every so often I like to do a blog post dedicated to each child.  A post that will help me remember what made this particular child shine in my eyes at that point in their lives.  Today is Greyson's turn.  Here is what I am loving about this little man at this age.


You love to dance.  You will dance when you wake up, dance when you are tired, and dance when there is no music.  Recently I was trying to put you to bed in a hotel room.  You were a bit fussy because it was out of your normal environment.  The TV was on and in the middle of a little meltdown some music started.  You stopped crying, sat up, got a huge smile on your face, and started dancing!


Your eyes are so bright blue!  People make comments all the time on how blue they are!!  We will see if they stay that way....Eva and Jaden both had bright blue eyes until about age 4 when they changed to more of a hazel color.


You refuse to put your hands up when I say, "How big is Greyson?!  Soooooo BIG!!!"  You just look at me like I am crazy and shake your head. 


You love basketball.  You get so excited when we lift you up to make a basket on the over-the-door hoops in Eva and Jaden's rooms.  The funny thing is you get mad when we show you how to put the ball IN the hoop....you'd rather put it UNDER the hoop!

You love to eat.  You have no idea when you are full!  We usually cut you off after a certain point, but we had a babysitter here on our anniversary and she didn't know to do that.  When we got home she informed us that you ate 3 and a half pieces of pizza!!!  That's more than an adult eats!!!!


You have a ton of teeth, including molars, but you still look a little bit like a snaggletooth to me and I loooooove it.

You are a happy baby.  You still get toted around to so many of your siblings sporting and school events...and you are always smiling.

You love to swim!!  You start Mommy and Me swimming lessons in 2 weeks!


You love to take bike rides and golf cart rides.  At one point this summer I got on the golf cart with you and realized I forgot something inside.  I carried you in with me to get it and you had a MAJOR meltdown thinking you weren't going to get to go on a ride.

You are soooooooo close to walking!!  You can stand on your own - even dance while standing on your own - but you are hesitant to take steps.  This weekend you took 2 steps by yourself and we were sooo excited!


Your brother and sister love you.  I hope you always know that.  Just yesterday they fought over who got to snuggle you in the morning, who got to play with you after breakfast, and who got to push the stroller while we were at the grocery store.  They think your expressions and mannerisms are funny and often giggle uncontrollably at you.

You say Mama, Dada, Book (boo), Eva (Eeee-a), and Mmmmm (when you are eating).

You have (finally!) learned to stop biting...but now you have become a bit of a screamer.  Like all things, this too shall pass.

You love to make a big mess out of the toilet paper.  


You got a new carseat a few weeks ago and you face forward.  You thought you were BIG STUFF the first time you rode in it.  Absolutely adorable.

You love to wave.  In the morning I usually have you on my hip as I open all the blinds in the house.  I usually sing "Let the sun shine in!" or "It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" while we open the blinds and you wave to all the birdies.

We grocery shop in the morning.  Usually it's mostly older retired people in the grocery store at that time.  You flirt shamelessly.  Enough said.


You are more of a Daddy's Boy than the other two were at this age.  You get sooo excited when Daddy comes home from work and often want him to hold you over me....unless it's bedtime.  Then you would crawl over Mount Everest to get to me if need be.

You love to crawl into the walk-in shower!


You love guacamole, but can't stand avocados.

You are loved. Soooooooo very loved by all of us.  You add such a fun dynamic to our lives because you are so much younger than your older siblings.  You make us laugh every single day!  Thank you for being YOU Greyson Steel!






2 comments:

Mom said...

So very very special! Oh how I love you, Greyson!!!
xoxo
Nonna

Anonymous said...

Your Great Uncle Ralph (my oldest brother) had very blue eyes and every time I look into yours, I think of him. I hope your eyes stay blue, and God to bless your steps!
Love you Greyson Steel!!
J.E.F.