It's just an all around good time.
This year we celebrated the 4th of July at my sister's house. While I love this holiday, I was just a little melancholy because this cookout was the last my sis and her husband will be hosting while living in our neighborhood (we've lived in the same neighborhood for about 6 years now). I am excited for them to move on to their dream home....but I'll sure miss them (and I know my kiddos will too). Here are some pictures of how we spent the day....
We do a lot of lounging at Jeff and Nicole's house! Sitting by the pool has always been one of our favorite activities!
Two of my favorite guys!
We will sure miss not only having Jeff and Nicole so close, but also their dogs!! We love Gus and Penelope too!!!
Fishing in their pond is always fun! This is where Eva and Jaden have both learned to fish! Since their new home will be on the river, Eva and Jaden will need to get use to REAL fishing (on the pond you pretty much catch a fish every time you toss in your line)! Ha!
Relaxing by the pool...
My and my sis.....love her.
Me with my mom and sis.....love them both.
The "audience" as we watch the fishermen and women in action!!
No, I didn't let him eat it....but he was cracking me up!
Everyone loves a naked baby!
Catching fish with Jack!
Awww.....gonna miss these two....sooooo much.
After spending the day at Jeff and Nicole's we came home, put on our red, white, and blue and headed to a local country club for some festivities!! We've done this the past 3 or 4 years and our little ones LOOOOOOVE IT!!!! We play carnival games, spend time with friends, get faces painted, ride ponies, jump in bounce houses, and more! At the end of the evening everyone spreads blankets out on the golf course for a firework show!
Greyson surprised us by staying awake the ENTIRE time!! He even seemed to enjoy the fireworks (never even jumped a little). He's such a good boy! As always, we feel incredibly blessed and so very thankful for so much in our lives.
Last, but not least, a special THANK YOU to this man....my dad....who proudly served his country in Vietnam. I'm never met someone more patriotic in my life.
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me.
And I proudly stand up - next to you - and defend her still today.
There is no doubt I love this land...
God Bless the USA."
--Lee Greenwood















1 comment:
Think of all of the new memories that you will have with Jeff & Nicole in their new home! Great pictures of a beautiful family! As Carol Burnett would say "I'm so glad we have this time together...." Love to all.
J.E.F.
Post a Comment