These cutie patooties had their FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL yesterday!!! Wow, summer just seems to fly by faster and faster every single year.
Eva started 3rd grade this year. She rules the school as the oldest grade in that building!! Haha! Jaden started Kindergarten this year. He is SUPER excited to be at the same school as his sister (after this year, that won't happen again until high school)!!
Matt always drives them to school, but as they were loading in the car I maaaaay have got a little sad to see 2 of kiddos leaving for school. I made the comment, "I kinda want to follow you guys to school so I can see you head into your classrooms on the first day..."
Jaden replied, "OK!"
That was all it took!!! I rushed in, grabbed Greyson and my car keys, and headed out the door!!!
When we got to the school Jaden had to go in the front door, but Eva (being the big kid she is) headed in a side door. Matt said, "Give me a kiss, Eva!" She maaaaay have looked at him like he was crazy and said, "BYE Dad!!!!" (oh the embarrassment of having to say goodbye to your dad at SCHOOL)!!
Yep, she is growing out of her britches that one. May need a little reminder that is is EIGHT....not eighteen. Stinker.
Jaden, on the other hand, happily walked into the school with us and we found his teacher. I love her. She gave Jaden a huge hug and helped all her little students navigate the craziness of the school lobby on their first day.
I was a little teary-eyed as I watched my little guy. He's getting so big. That being said, me being teary-eyed was a BIT different than the moms with Kleenexes SOBBING big ugly tears right there in the lobby.
Oh my. This mama felt like she was holding it together like a champ after seeing that.
We walked Jaden to his classroom and watched him walk in....and off he went. A little tug at the ol' heartstrings, but I know he's in such good hands. On top of that, he is ready. Very ready.
Greyson and I spent the day together. We went grocery shopping, played with his toys, read books, and did a little cleaning. Crazy how much less of a mess there is when it's just the 2 of us at home. It was nice to be able to give him my undivided attention and he seemed to enjoy it too! This mama also spent a lot of time praying for my kiddos....for their teachers....for their studies....for their friends. It's a big day and I wanted it COVERED in prayer (gotta love my prayer group ladies that were doing the same thing for me, as I was for them, throughout the day).
I sat outside in the sunshine and waited for the kiddos to get off the bus....looooved seeing their smiling faces when they got home!
Eva could not tell me enough how much she looooooooooooves her teacher. The reasons? She is SUPER nice and SUPER organized. Ahhhh....I love it. Cracks me up that her organization skills are what stood out to Eva. That's my girl.
Jaden talked allllllll about.....RECESS!!! Haha!! He loved that he could play with his sister for a little bit. He also thought the activities they did during the day were fun and he loved gym class!
I'm so thankful for these two little monkeys. So thankful that they had an awesome first day. So thankful for the one little monkey I have left at home to keep me busy during the day with me. I am truly blessed.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
--Henry Stanley Haskins



1 comment:
As you will find out...parents have a million heartstrings! We pray for Eva and Jaden as well for protection, as well as for the teachers. Greyson is adjusting well and I'm sure LOVES it when they come home.
Love to all,
J.E.F.
Post a Comment