However, sometimes I make exceptions.
This past Saturday we were going about our normal bedtime activities, but it was a little different because Matt was out of town. When Matt is gone Eva and Jaden (and eventually Greyson) get to make little "nests" on our bedroom floor to sleep. This is a special treat and something that they looove to do! Well, Saturday night I tucked them into their nests, sat down on the chair in my bedroom, and began to read my Bible. This is something I do nearly every night, but I really cherish it when I know my little ones are snuggled up at the foot of my chair.
As I was reading Eva asked me a question about my reading (I don't even remember what the question was...maybe about which book of the Bible I was reading?)?? Anyway, that little question turned into a long conversation with all 3 of us. An amazing conversation about God, heaven, hell, and what the Bible says about different things.
It was the kind of conversation that lasted for hours....and this Mama let it go on because I knew deep in my heart it was far more important than getting sleep for any of us.
I am often in awe of my children's faith. They are so young and their faith it so strong. At one point I posed a question to both of them. I said, "What would you do if someone told you not to believe in God?"
Eva smiled so sweetly and without any hesitation she said, "I would tell them that I walk in the truth".
Amazing.
Especially from an 8 year old.
My kiddos inspire me...and that night was no exception.
"God's promises are like the stars. The darker the night, the brighter they shine."
--David Nicholas
2 comments:
My prayer is that there are more 8 & 5 year olds in the world just like them!
oops...I meant 6 year olds! Sorry Jaden!
Post a Comment