Saturday, March 2, 2013

After School Yummies!

I've mentioned before that I love occasionally having something special for the kiddos to eat when they get home from school.   I miss them during the day and I feel that walking in the door, smelling something yummy baking, and knowing Mommy was thinking of you is an important part of their childhood.  In the past I have made muffins, cupcakes, pretzels, cookies, or something like that....but this time I tried something different.

I had baked blueberry muffins for Jaden's basketball team (they had an early morning game) so when the kiddos got home they smelled the muffins and said, "Did you make blueberry muffins?!!!"  

I said, "I did....but I made something a little sweeter for all of you!!"


Their special treat today was APPLE NACHOS!!  This sweet little snack was super easy and was a huge hit (Eva and her friend devoured them)!  I simply sliced up apples and drizzled them with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, and a few crushed up oreos (I buy the little jar of oreos in the sundae section so we don't have those cookies sitting around the house).  


Even though Jaden wasn't a huge fan (at least that is what he SAYS...he managed to eat a few though), the girls begged me to make them in the future for a special treat!  Too cute. 



"If you haven't time to respond to the tug at your pant leg...your schedule is too crowded"
--Robert Brault

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a good mother--and a good cook. Give those kiddos loves and kisses.