Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Feeling a bit stressed....

I've been STRESSED the past few days.  Like the kind of stressed where I just want an entire bottle...I mean a small glass...of wine.  Super stressed.

Let me explain...

As many of you know we delay our childrens vaccines.  The Chicken Pox vaccine is one that they have not had.  There has been an "outbreak" of chicken pox in our area.  Now normally I would be doing my happy dance because I would just expose the kids to chicken pox and we would happily spend a week at home.

However, I'm pregnant right now.

Even though I had chicken pox as a child I'm not real comfortable with the kids getting it while I am pregnant. 

So, many of you are probably saying, "well, just give her the vaccine then!"  Unfortunately, it's not that easy.  Even though I had not planned on giving her the vaccine this early I would probably be willing to do it....except that there is a chance (1 in 25) that she could get symptoms of chicken pox from the vaccine and spread it to other family members.

Soooooo......my struggle is that I don't want her to GET chix pox right now....and I also don't want her to get the vaccine.

To add to this stress a letter was sent home with Eva yesterday stating that any child that is not vaccinated (or has not had chix pox) will not be allowed back at school for approximately 2 weeks.

Trust me when I say I have looked at this from every possible angle. 

I have not been sleeping well, I've had dreams about chicken pox, and I am pretty much consumed with it.  I've been on the phone with numerous doctors as well as our state's Dept of Health.  I've gone in and had bloodwork done to test MY immunity.  Simply put, I don't take vaccines lightly and I want to make the BEST decision for my family.  The problem is that I am really struggling with what that is.

So for now, prayers are welcome....and I'm just going to enjoy my little girl home from school with us for at least the next couple of days.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a doozy...
Prayin' for ya girlfriend!
Angel

Unknown said...

So sorry Jamie....such a hard decision to make. I'm praying too for you that whatever you decide to do you will have a huge peace about it <3