Sunday, November 13, 2011

The joys of eating while pregnant.....or not.

Our family eats pretty healthy.  Lean meats.  Veggies.  Very few sweets.  Most people laugh when I tell them our kids have only been to McDonald's about 5 times total in their whole lives. 

I'm the girl that eats black beans nearly every day because I had read that they are one of the most perfect foods for your body.  Well, that and I loooooove them.

Yes, we eat well around here.

Except when I am pregnant.

It's kind of crazy that when my body needs those nutrients most I want them the least.  What sounds good to me when I'm pregnant?  Poptarts.  Mashed potatoes.  Fritos.  Cereal.   Nacho BelGrande from Taco Bell.  Chicken sandwiches from Burger King.

Lovely.

I get so frustrated with myself because  I WANT to eat healthy....but the thought of a salad makes me want to hurl.  Ugh.

I find solace in the fact that a friend of mine told me that the baby draws on nutrients in my body long before I ever got pregnant. 

I sure hope so....I'm pretty sure the nutrients in a smores Poptart are pretty much non-existent!

Ahhhhhh, the joys of pregnancy!  ♥

1 comment:

EverydayMomStyle said...

You totally crack me up, because I am the same way! I took my kids to McDonalds the other day (they are 10 and 8) and the 8 year old commented that it was only her 2nd time at McDonalds EVER! This isn't totally accurate, but it is pretty close. I try to feed my kids healthy as well- but every now and then my body craves junk too!
Everything in moderation!
Good luck!